Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

n8pu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i got a response from him around 4....told me he has a job for me if i'd just leave the city.

i texted him that i'll meet him Wednesday morning to talk in person.......it's a 4 1/2 hour ride, i'm leaving Tuesday night, crash at brother Shack's place and head west from Utica in the morning.....hope my back holds out.......new frontiers.

sorry deej......may have to hold that though for a minute.....i've been working on this move since before meeting my meeting my wife in '09.....getting with her fukked up all my plans......****** love ****.

it's time to fish.......or cut bait.

If you do take that job I hope it is a good move for you and your wife.

Be careful on your trip.

VenomousSVT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wow....i didn't even see this till now.......my job has me all kinda fukked up....physically, mentally, emotionally and even spiritually. i hope everyone is well.

crossed SVT? interesting.....i'd like to know more about that or SEE what that looks like. i see optical (d)illusions all the time....i see myself calm and living in the mountains too.....LOL.

we all seem to agree for the high beam bulb go with this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C9QPKS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

the bulb you'll get doesn't look like the picture and it's a Vosla made in Germany.....best upgrade from stock in my opinion....interesting thing is the Philips XtremeVision +100% bulbs i replaced were probably 90% as good on high beam......the Philips are indeed THAT good to put out almost as much light at around 700 lumens less......but from a stock bulb, go with the HIR1.

yeah thats the bulbs i am gonna run from your recommendation for sure.. just havent gotten around to it.

id say they arent really "crossed" but they appear to be aimed to a single hot spot on the road ahead.. was super busy this weekend so I didn't get to re-aim them. I'm just gonna go out to a dark road at a dead end or something and realign them. I think i'm gonna adjust the left to aim right down the edge of the yellow lone so the hot spot is just to the side of oncoming traffic and the right to inside the white line. at least HOPEFULLY i'll end up with a somewhat fanned out hot spot for more lit area. They def throw better than anything i've had, and the pattern isn't bad for what they are at all. I'm going to square them up to the grill a little better first and foremost. They have just a little angle and arent sitting perfect in the grill, and i'm **** about it. Once I do that, then i'll reaim them better.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They have just a little angle and arent sitting perfect in the grill, and i'm **** about it. Once I do that, then i'll reaim them better.

Not that surprising when you think about it, but the two are basically one in the same. Line everything up so the lenses look somewhat square with the grille and it should at least get you in the ballpark with the aim. That was the case with my Anzos, anyway. Not perfect, but it'll get you close.

I measured and marked the location of the bulbs in the housings on a wall about 30ft out and aimed at those for my final touches. Seemed to work pretty well.

VenomousSVT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not that surprising when you think about it, but the two are basically one in the same. Line everything up so the lenses look somewhat square with the grille and it should at least get you in the ballpark with the aim. That was the case with my Anzos, anyway. Not perfect, but it'll get you close.

I measured and marked the location of the bulbs in the housings on a wall about 30ft out and aimed at those for my final touches. Seemed to work pretty well.
yeah i think i did my aiming at 25 ft... this may be why i'm seeing the hot spot together so close to one another. That 5ft up close makes for a big difference once it travels out a ways. I wanted to put these into my stock "bases" for my stock lights but they were damaged at some point so I opted to just use the base that came with them.

VenomousSVT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i'd still like to see the "good" one on the road......but it doesn't matter to me......i can't drive/ride behind 5K-K light temperature.

oh yea.....i got a better job than what i went up for......and an apartment with a 2 bay 4 car garage on the property.

God is great.
im a fan of 4600-4800k temperature on lights personally. Thats just my preference for a visually pleasing color. I dont like the color of my halogens, but they are obviously more accurate of a pattern than the drop in hid's i ran for years.