Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
if ya need anything Bill just give a holler.
i looked at my brakes yesterday also. front left. metal on metal. got both rotors and pads. one pad was cracked. swapping it at the store. wanted to work on them today but it's mothers day.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i quit the job Friday.......trying to pack my important "living" stuff.......rained for 2 days and nice today.......

heard a pretty horrible grinding noise from the left front wheel when stopping last few blocks to my house Friday night........left brake pads looked toasted from what i could see......ordered another set of the EBC "greenies" from Amazon at 9:00PM, they showed up yesterday at 4, but it was ****** like a muthafukker and i couldn't get any **** done.

i'm renting a 6' X 12' U-Haul trailer one way to Utica, picking it up tomorrow......i'll take 2 bikes and what i can fit.......it will be a while before i can get back to clear out my life from the last 9 years living in this **** hole.....gotta load up before i leave at 8:00PM, my usual departure time.

spent time with my wife last night.....

gotta get the brakes done and get the oil changed, back to dino......my 383 doesn't seem to like the Mobil-1

i'm so lucky for the people i love and have in my life.....i've been working on this move for 8 years, but i'm having a hard time processing it.
Gotta' love it when a plan comes together. Glad it worked out so good for ya'

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Gotta' love it when a plan comes together. Glad it worked out so good for ya'

weeeeellll.......it was coming to gether till i started to do the brake job.......

left side
You must be registered for see images attach

the right side....must say the pads are holding up well for the mount of hard braking i do in this **** pit.......had no clue there was anything wrog till the little grinding i heard....was on the pad backing plat.....the metal "wear squealer" barely hit the rotor.....wierd.

as far s she'd go in.......no rotor damage though.

right caliper is toast, couldn't set the piston with a clamp and the old pad.....wouldn't press in far enough for the new pads to fit over the rotor......so i put the right side "worn" pads on the left, new pads on the right and took her for a drive.......blew a line.....fukkked my day and tomorrow too.........

gotta cancel the trailer, hope for the ext day or later tomorrow.....gotta get a new caliper, or both....find the broken line nd change or repair........was just a **** day with stress, packing and and more typical "rush" follies.

at least the pad started grinding Friday night and not on the way upstate with a loaded bed and trailer......gotta be thankful for the little **** hug?

Brother Al

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That sucks man, but the pad/no squeel is exactly what happened to me man not long ago, brakes were fine, then a couple days of squeel, then metal on metal...

total wtf, Right?

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
yea gents.....an oddity in my book.........but a reman caliper for now nd all is good......have no idea where the brake fluid came from, but there's no broken line.......

these trucks just have plain'ol ****** up brakes.......next will be new Timkin hubs to get anti-lock brakes working gain......i have them, just not doing it today.

picking up trailer tomorrow.......turns out the extra day was good for me........guess God's pullin the reins back some.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
so....today Omar cme by to hang and help me with some stuff.....

we decided to play with some lights......and cover up those **** "fogs" in the bumper.

settled on the Cibie Oscar+ with clear fog lenses.

they follow the angle of the brush guards and bumper......should cast a real sweet swath of light set that way.......seeing the sides of the road/lane shouldn't be an issue.

i have my eyes open for amber fog lenses....or i'll spray hese with the Dupli-Color Metalcast yellow that Daniel Stern recommends.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
had to run a separate ground wire to the bucket as they don't self ground with these KC "'tube mounts'. i like these things, nice solid mounts.

as i've said before i'll be putting in Cibie e-code H4's in the KC buckets......i have the selective yellow Plilips WeatherVision bulbs for those.....just need another harness.

i have to wire up my bike with the harness i got got from gmachinz too.......just not enough time for ll this stuff right ow.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
if ya need anything Bill just give a holler.
i looked at my brakes yesterday also. front left. metal on metal. got both rotors and pads. one pad was cracked. swapping it at the store. wanted to work on them today but it's mothers day.

i need a vacation........wanna e-mail one? LOL

i really wish i would have given myself some more time between jobs......but that's the ******* in me. if anything went smooth and comfortable i guess i'd never be motivated.