Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
now.....i know this ain't no heavy load....but combined betwixt the heavy **** in the bed, 2 bikes up front and dead full we figured i was hauling an extry 4,500 pounds. truck was great. had her loaded perfect.

You must be registered for see images attach

once i got out of the city i set the cruise in OD and motored on up.TC stayed locked and barely downshifted on the longer grades.....averaged 11.6 MPG over the 246 miles i traveled.

You must be registered for see images attach

when it's time for the 14 bolt swap i'm going with 3.73's.....i need to get a little beater gas miser car for **** days i'm not riding and i don't need to drive the truck 100+ miles a day.......it's gonna be 51 miles one way to work.

ll in all i'm very happy with this engine, transmission and torque converter combo........i do have a good little rig.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
hope you're doing good Bill. guess i'll have to re-read the thread from the beginning because i miss it so much. just thinking about ya.

man, thanks deej......

been a little crazy up here. getting used to the grind and and the new world thrust myself into. i had two schools of thought on this move.....take time off and make the transition easy and slower for myself.....or jump in with both feet and have no time to second guess my decision......of course i went with door umber two and haven't caught my breath yet. talk about upside down! fuckkkkk.

i miss the months of endless banter on this thread too. not the convalescing tho.....LOL......i will continue the thread, but i have to wait till i get in the apartment first.......lots was needed to get it ready, just got the "new" fridge tonight......did a semi "re-do" on the wood floors.....blablabla......need to get internet there too.....been living in brother Shack's living room and it's not the most ideal for two free ex-cons.....lmao

out f the 13 days i've worked so far i only got to ride the 108 miles each day twice......damned rain almost everyday and i'm not staying near the apartment and garage......time in the morning is very scarce and i hurt my back my first week here, fukkkin cleaning the place up.....can't take no chances with that......getting better though. plenty of riding to come

i'll tell you one thing....that Z-Beam is the cats ass on the long lonely black roads at night thought.......the high beam leaves a bit to be desired, that's why i'm going to run that Airport 35 driver on the left guard, should supplement the high just beautifully......we'll see soon enough. i just need some down time to get it together and i have have NONE available at the moment.

soon........i pray all is well for you and yours.

how's the job?

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
job is great. did i mention i got a raise? was surprised. all is good with me. haven't upgraded the harness or looked at the Falcon lights yet.
we are getting travel trailer so i need to get the truck in order:
rebuilt hydroboost, ordered, will get/install tomorrow.
find/fix trans leak.
replace valve cover gaskets to stop THAT leak.
get a US SHIFT Quick4 transmission controller.
install the floor shifter and build a console. will add gauges, USB ports, power ports and....cup holders.
add AC. wife will not ride in it unless she can stay cool.
that's about it.......except for tires.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Bill, congrats on the move! Remember when one door closes, another one opens, sometimes chasing your tail gets annoying and you have to follow your gut.

Brother Al

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think we're all feeling the same about this thread.

Glad to hear all is well guys. Bill, Im sure its crazy, but Im 100% positive its nothing compared to the hell of living in the NYC metro. A lot to be said for living minutes from the serenity of quiet, country backroads.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
I just spent my first night in the apartment.......good God it's nice to be by myself......I don't have internet or cable yet, that will come soon.

Thanks for the words gents, this thread, research and associated work was a tremendous part of my healing......you guys sure helped me through that time.....indeed I miss it on a daily basis. Sometimes the things we want are not the things we need....and the inverse is true too.

Typing on this little phone thing is driving me nuts.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
job is great. did i mention i got a raise? was surprised. all is good with me. haven't upgraded the harness or looked at the Falcon lights yet.
we are getting travel trailer so i need to get the truck in order:
rebuilt hydroboost, ordered, will get/install tomorrow.
find/fix trans leak.
replace valve cover gaskets to stop THAT leak.
get a US SHIFT Quick4 transmission controller.
install the floor shifter and build a console. will add gauges, USB ports, power ports and....cup holders.
add AC. wife will not ride in it unless she can stay cool.
that's about it.......except for tires.

My motor was weeping a bit too.....took out the synthetic and all is well now....I have a list o things to do too.....but no time yet ta do em.