Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
i'm not using any forward facing LED's.....i don't like the way the light looks....not natural to my eyes.

Interesting side note to that, LEDs probably don't look natural to anyone else's eyes either. LED is an acronym for Light Emitting Diode. So, it's a diode, and it actually flickers as such during normal operation. Look up slow motion LED videos on YouTube sometime, it's like looking at a strobe light.

I had actually switched all the interior lights in my red truck over to LEDs at one point, and I ended up switching them back to regular incandescents because the LEDs damn near gave me a headache.

92silverado1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think those bars are pretty cool as they've certainly come a long way in a short time, but i'm not using any forward facing LED's.....i don't like the way the light looks....not natural to my eyes.

but down low i think can be an issue in deep snow or if going off road.....many years go i stopped mounting any lights under the bumper, but i also did a fair amount of wheelin......and breaking.

that won't be the case anymore, at least not that i can see......i am going to be putting the Buick fogs in the airdam though. with covers....in real bad weather, when i choose to use those i'll just take the covers off as i need to......those lights will also be hooked up with the rear facing red fog light.....severe weather set, LOL.

Yeah i didn't put any bars under the bumper til I put the lift in it which the passenger side coil spacer collapsed so now I have a 3 inch lift on the driver side and stock height on the pass side and ended up breaking a bracket for the flood pods I have by driving into a big mound of ice (thought it was snow) lol

Not sure if you posted this but how bright is the red rear fog light? I've been trying to think of a way to "notify" the driver behind me with their hi beams on to turn them off but I think using my backup light would be a little overboard lol

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Yeah i didn't put any bars under the bumper til I put the lift in it which the passenger side coil spacer collapsed so now I have a 3 inch lift on the driver side and stock height on the pass side and ended up breaking a bracket for the flood pods I have by driving into a big mound of ice (thought it was snow) lol

Not sure if you posted this but how bright is the red rear fog light? I've been trying to think of a way to "notify" the driver behind me with their hi beams on to turn them off but I think using my backup light would be a little overboard lol

just let the ****** nozzle pass.....i used to toss big ball bearings over my shoulder when someone behind me annoyed me....now i just let em go......compounding the problem becomes another problem. though a quick flash of the bumper lights FEELS good.....

why does ANYONE need to drive with brights on in a city? WTF are they trying to see?

92silverado1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
just let the ****** nozzle pass.....i used to toss big ball bearings over my shoulder when someone behind me annoyed me....now i just let em go......compounding the problem becomes another problem. though a quick flash of the bumper lights FEELS good.....

why does ANYONE need to drive with brights on in a city? WTF are they trying to see?

Yeah about compounding the problem. . . A guy tried following me home because I let him pass then put the light bar on and drove behind him lol

It blows my mind. . . I see people with them on in the daytime as well. I think it's more about not giving a damn about other people than it is about seeing in most cases

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Yeah about compounding the problem. . . A guy tried following me home because I let him pass then put the light bar on and drove behind him lol

It blows my mind. . . I see people with them on in the daytime as well. I think it's more about not giving a damn about other people than it is about seeing in most cases

BINGO!!!!!!!

it's a me me me ****** ME world.......compounded by fu@kin STUPID!!!!!!

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
ok....as an old busted sumbitch, it pretty much took all day to do the air dam and harness....laying upside down on the drivers floor was an interesting endeavor.....and for some reason KC decided the the light lead wires were backward....at least to me they are. red is negative and black is hot........WTF? i hooked the yellow and white hots to the aux post by the fuse box......took blowing the 30A big green ****** fuse and then the harnesses 20A to realize it.....guess they want you to hook it up to their lights only.

the fogs work great....when i took this picture i noticed something that annoyed me....wonder why the driver side low beam is glaring the hell out of you?

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ok....as an old busted sumbitch, it pretty much took all day to do the air dam and harness....laying upside down on the drivers floor was an interesting endeavor.....and for some reason KC decided the the light lead wires were backward....at least to me they are. red is negative and black is hot........WTF? i hooked the yellow and white hots to the aux post by the fuse box......took blowing the 30A big green ****** fuse and then the harnesses 20A to realize it.....guess they want you to hook it up to their lights only.

the fogs work great....when i took this picture i noticed something that annoyed me....wonder why the driver side low beam is glaring the hell out of you?

You must be registered for see images attach

Fogs are looking good!

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
ok, not enough time for any guesses.

the issue is such......whilst feeding the harness through the radiator support and moving the headlaps leads a bit, i come to find out the driver side bulb was cocked in the housing......those three screws that Spyder uses to capture the 3 tabs on the bulb is a ****** system. this happened before to the passenger side during the initial test phase.....it's an issue.....period.

i'm going to have to figure out a way to keep them from falling out.....of course when they're set and the grill is on it SHOULDN"T be a problem, but we saw the same thing when i fished the headlight harness through as well.....must check the integrity of the bulb seating when fu@kin with any wires with the grill off.