Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just thought I'd mention that the light install I did today for the car wash guy (mentioned it in a post a page or two back) went super smoothly. Got it done in 1.5hrs in the mall parking lot, new headlights, corners and parking lights. I feel like the OCD attention to detail in this thread is partly to thank for the quick and painless process, that and the fact that I've done it a few times. :lol: Guy seemed to be very satisfied with my work.

Keep up the good work in here, folks! Information is power!

EDIT - Just remembered, I told him about this site! Hopefully he stops in and makes an account one of these days.

Last edited:

92silverado1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
he had an '01 ECSB before this, but the rot was getting out of hand......this one just popped up at a shop he used to work at.....this GMT800 platform is definitely an advancement from our 400's......that's progression......i especially like the brakes......the 5.3 ain't got nothin on my 383 though......:Nonono:

Been thinking about getting a 383 for mine. Is yours a crate engine or a build?

n8pu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i found what looks like a good company in the UK.......they have quite a few things that are very hard to find here.....and shipping seems reasonable, considering we can't get this stuff readily......i put stuff in the "cart" and saw it just gave options to ship to US addresses...cool. have some cool bulbs too

http://www.jjcraceandrally.com/race/drive-lamps

I must have expensive taste, I found a light bar that looks small enough to mount on my front bumper somewhere for the times I want a 'little' extra light OR when you have that idiot that won't switch to his / her dims, or has a badly set up light set up and is blinding you, then hit them with these,

http://www.jjcraceandrally.com/race/drive-lamps/lazer-lamps-t-16-offroad-led-drive-spot-light

But I'm to cheap to spend that kind of $$$, so I'll just drool over them.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Just thought I'd mention that the light install I did today for the car wash guy (mentioned it in a post a page or two back) went super smoothly. Got it done in 1.5hrs in the mall parking lot, new headlights, corners and parking lights. I feel like the OCD attention to detail in this thread is partly to thank for the quick and painless process, that and the fact that I've done it a few times. :lol: Guy seemed to be very satisfied with my work.

Keep up the good work in here, folks! Information is power!

EDIT - Just remembered, I told him about this site! Hopefully he stops in and makes an account one of these days.

good to hear...."have tools will travel"........remember Paladin?
once you do the deed a time or two it becomes quite easy.....at least for me. the first time was miserable, especially the center "latch tab" on the bottom.......

and yea, you're the grand master OCDasaurus......LMAO

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
good to hear...."have tools will travel"........remember Paladin?
once you do the deed a time or two it becomes quite easy.....at least for me. the first time was miserable, especially the center "latch tab" on the bottom.......

and yea, you're the grand master OCDasaurus......LMAO

:lol: OCDasaurus, I'll take it haha.

So about that center latch tab...

I found out something today while working on that Suburban that made me feel silly. I've always poked at the raised bump from the top with a screwdriver to disengage that tab. Kind of a stretch reaching your arm all the way down there from the top to get at it. Today I had the bright idea to grab the OTHER portion of that latch and lift up, just like the two clips on either side down low. Popped right out, just had to squeeze one finger through a hole in the bottom of the grille to lift up on it. Probably could have saved myself five minutes on previous disassembly runs, but oh well. At least I'm still learning!

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
i got an e-mail from my Drag Specialties rep today. DS is a huge Harley aftermarket company, like Summit or Jegs. the mail was about J.W. Speaker and has a good little article too......i figured it's pertainent to the topic, not that i stay on topic anyway.

Many of you out there have seen or sold the Daymaker from Harley Davidson. This light was made by JW speaker for the motor company.
Many of you also have heard of lumens, and certain other terms that are used to describe lighting but might not be sure what it all means.
This power point presentation made me understand lighting with a whole new level of confidence and I hope that it will do the same for you!
Please go through this and you will understand the upgraded lights we carry from them including the adaptive series and it will make it easier for you to sell these products.
If you have any questions please let me know.
Thanks,
Adam Alberghine
Rep #365
DRAG Specialties
365@dragrep.***
PH: 516-***-2906
Fax: 866-***-8611

the PDF file is too large to attach....anyone know how i can get this on here? it's damned good info.

92silverado1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must have expensive taste, I found a light bar that looks small enough to mount on my front bumper somewhere for the times I want a 'little' extra light OR when you have that idiot that won't switch to his / her dims, or has a badly set up light set up and is blinding you, then hit them with these,

http://www.jjcraceandrally.com/race/drive-lamps/lazer-lamps-t-16-offroad-led-drive-spot-light

But I'm to cheap to spend that kind of $$$, so I'll just drool over them.

This one works like magic for the people that blind you with their hi beams

TOMALL 28.5 inch 300W 4D Lens LED Car Work Light Bar,60x5w Osram Off-road Driving Lamp,Spot/Flood/Combo Beam SUV 4WD Truck with Wiring Harness https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I4M2C1K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_jjhRybKA7FZAT

You must be registered for see images attach

92silverado1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i got an e-mail from my Drag Specialties rep today. DS is a huge Harley aftermarket company, like Summit or Jegs. the mail was about J.W. Speaker and has a good little article too......i figured it's pertainent to the topic, not that i stay on topic anyway.

Many of you out there have seen or sold the Daymaker from Harley Davidson. This light was made by JW speaker for the motor company.
Many of you also have heard of lumens, and certain other terms that are used to describe lighting but might not be sure what it all means.
This power point presentation made me understand lighting with a whole new level of confidence and I hope that it will do the same for you!
Please go through this and you will understand the upgraded lights we carry from them including the adaptive series and it will make it easier for you to sell these products.
If you have any questions please let me know.
Thanks,
Adam Alberghine
Rep #365
DRAG Specialties
365@dragrep.***
PH: 516-***-2906
Fax: 866-***-8611

the PDF file is too large to attach....anyone know how i can get this on here? it's damned good info.

Depending on how many pages it is. You could probably screenshot them and post as pictures