Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
the file is like 3.591KB, whatever the fu@k that is.

if anyone that can turn this into something we can post view on this site, i'll e-mail it to you. i'm outta my league here.

n8pu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This one works like magic for the people that blind you with their hi beams

TOMALL 28.5 inch 300W 4D Lens LED Car Work Light Bar,60x5w Osram Off-road Driving Lamp,Spot/Flood/Combo Beam SUV 4WD Truck with Wiring Harness https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I4M2C1K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_jjhRybKA7FZAT

You must be registered for see images attach

I added that to Amazon wish list, my truck still has the black air dam below the bumper, did yours? Have you had them through an entire winter and if so how did they work in the snow? The reason I ask I live near Traverse City, Michigan and in a typical winter we get a lot of snow, this year we got a slight break from that.

92silverado1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I added that to Amazon wish list, my truck still has the black air dam below the bumper, did yours? Have you had them through an entire winter and if so how did they work in the snow? The reason I ask I live near Traverse City, Michigan and in a typical winter we get a lot of snow, this year we got a slight break from that.

Yes my truck started with the air dam, I took it off to put the lights and hooks on and might cut it and put it back on, haven't decided yet. I've had the bar since the summer and it's great in fog and snow. Just had to clean all the salt off of it because here in Jersey they go overboard with the salt.

I'd look into a 30 inch curved bar with 5w or 7w osram leds before you purchase it. The curved bars spread the spot light out more so depending on what you're looking to get out of it one might suit your wants/needs better than the other

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score

ha....i just came in from putting it back on....i took it off a while ago because i thought it looked better, but i come to realize that i actually like it and my highway fuel "economy" will get back the 1+ mpg i lost after removing it.

i had to cut slots in it to slide over the grill guard brackets......now, i know how to read schematics and blueprints. like an idiot i used the measurements in the Warn destructions to cut my old airdam to suit.....the idiots that drew the instruction got their measurements backwards, transposing the inside to outside dimensions.......and like the fu@kin idiot i was i cut mine to their measurements......had to RE-cut them 3/4" to the outside.

it's not travesty because i bought a new air dam with the fog light holes in.....either way i would have had to cut something, now i have a proper template for when i'm ready to install the Buick Marchal fog lights.....today is not that day as i have to order a rather specific and complicated harness from gmachinz to operate my lighting the way i want lighting system to work.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
all the bolt heads broke when i initially took it off to do the guard....didn't get to put the Warn rig on last year because of my back being so bad. the Amazon air dam came with the hardware for installation....not bad for $64.

next up.....install the KC Hilites wire harness to use temporarily. i'll eventually re-purpose it to run the rear LED lighting.

came in to warm up a bit...nice super strong mug of Cafe Bustello does the trick.

Last edited:

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Yes my truck started with the air dam, I took it off to put the lights and hooks on and might cut it and put it back on, haven't decided yet. I've had the bar since the summer and it's great in fog and snow. Just had to clean all the salt off of it because here in Jersey they go overboard with the salt.

I'd look into a 30 inch curved bar with 5w or 7w osram leds before you purchase it. The curved bars spread the spot light out more so depending on what you're looking to get out of it one might suit your wants/needs better than the other

i think those bars are pretty cool as they've certainly come a long way in a short time, but i'm not using any forward facing LED's.....i don't like the way the light looks....not natural to my eyes.

but down low i think can be an issue in deep snow or if going off road.....many years go i stopped mounting any lights under the bumper, but i also did a fair amount of wheelin......and breaking.

that won't be the case anymore, at least not that i can see......i am going to be putting the Buick fogs in the airdam though. with covers....in real bad weather, when i choose to use those i'll just take the covers off as i need to......those lights will also be hooked up with the rear facing red fog light.....severe weather set, LOL.