Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
EDIT: I'll try and see if I can find a way to make it an attachment as well.
Got it... kind of. Can't seem to rotate and save the PDF correctly, oh well.
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• Part 1.pdf
    939.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Part 2.pdf
    892 KB · Views: 3
  • Part 3.pdf
    699.9 KB · Views: 1

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8SutdS06bsLeWtJOUxIYTZVUzNaWE44YVFqMUlka0FycThz/view?usp=sharing
Here ya go! If anyone would like to save it, just go to the link press Ctrl+P, then change the destination of where it will print to "Save as PDF"

EDIT: I'll try and see if I can find a way to make it an attachment as well.

thanks Curt.....i thought it a good little article that most of us wouldn't get to see....makes things pretty easy to understand....especially us dirty ol' bikers....LMAO

92silverado1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok, not enough time for any guesses.

the issue is such......whilst feeding the harness through the radiator support and moving the headlaps leads a bit, i come to find out the driver side bulb was cocked in the housing......those three screws that Spyder uses to capture the 3 tabs on the bulb is a ****** system. this happened before to the passenger side during the initial test phase.....it's an issue.....period.

i'm going to have to figure out a way to keep them from falling out.....of course when they're set and the grill is on it SHOULDN"T be a problem, but we saw the same thing when i fished the headlight harness through as well.....must check the integrity of the bulb seating when fu@kin with any wires with the grill off.

I used o-rings between the bulb and housing and they're in there great

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Anytime man! Thanks for sharing the info!

i was also hoping to bring an AMERICAN company to the fore-front......i was quite impressed when i first got to experience these lights on a Harley....me and a good friend, my present boss actually, were riding in upper Vermont getting into the dark.....i had a sealed beam on my '84, he had these R2D2 lights on his 2002 Electra....i let him take the lead....and i was blown the fu@k way at what i saw in front of him......looked like i was following a UFO.....very bright and WHITE.

the only reason i never upgraded the headlight on that softail was it was the ORIGINAL lamp from '84....i wasn't gonna toss that for nothing.....i been down on that sled...hard twice and that headlight is about the only thing that hasn't been change in the 227,000 mile i put on her since i got her in '89.

anyway......IF...i was inclined to go with LED's on that bike, it would be from J.W. Speaker. i got to talk to the engineer that made those adaptive lights at the Drag Specialties show......he schooled me on LED tech...and their products.....very impressed. prior to that all i knew was they made the upgrade P&A lights for Harley....stock on CVO bikes.

figured i'd toss that out here......SOME of my mindless meanderings are actually related to the "topic" at hand.

thanks again Curt.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
ok...lights

You must be registered for see images attach

they have a "bluish" tint in the photo....they also have a slight "tinge" in person......i have a theory on that....i'll get back to that later