Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
i tipped the fogs down a touch.....they throw out light. for what they are i'm impressed, especially since you can get them from LMC separate or as an add on to a bumper for like $60 or so.....i did not test the chinashit bulbs.

You must be registered for see images attach

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
they do need to be adjusted down some more......but they have a bit of errant light, the cutoff isn't as sharp on the road as they seem on the door.......it's more evident in person and apparently i didn't take the other shot i wanted to show this......

oh well....i'm sure there's gonna be more pictures to come.

all in all this is going pretty good.......i want to try those Marchals in place....i did pig tail them in the dark....and ****, they seem much more "crisp" as a fog light than these do. they came with Osram H3's too. mayhaps i can rig em up for a test tomorrow, i won't be able to actually install them for a while as i have to fabricate brackets and such to go in the "stock" position.

i think i can jury rig the Cibie drivers for tomorrow night.....THAT i'm looking forward to big time.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Not sure if it is just a Michigan law or not, but here studded tires haven't even been allowed to be sold for quite a few years, my wife was still alive, she died in late 2006, and it was before that that studded tires were made illegal to be used. It tears up the road was their biggest excuse.

i didn't see this post before.

sorry to hear about your wife man....you have a guardian angel for sure now.

they may have changed the laws, don't know.....but when i lived upstate you could have them November to April.....where i lived we generally got snow from October to usually April, sometimes May.......one year i had snow under the pine trees on my land in June, think it was '98 or '99

Brother Al

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Everytime I log in, its another 2-5 pages of reading LOL. Im very interested to see how those Marchals look. I may hunt a pair for myself. Seeing a lot of "after X-months of use" complaints about those Hella fogs I posted about. I too was dissapointed that the 5 x 7 KCs are gonzo... I am preferably bent on rectangular fogs for under the bumper... the look good with the lines of these GMT400's.

Last edited:

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Everytime I log in, its another 2-5 pages of reading LOL. Im bery interested to see how those Marchals look. I may hunt a pair for myself. Seeing a lot of "after X-months of use" complaints about those Hella fogs I posted about. I too was dissapointed that the 5 x 7 KCs are gonzo... I am preferably bent on rectangular fogs for under the bumper... the look good with the lines of these GMT400's.

we'll see what the Buicks can due soon enough.....but if i was going a different route i'd probably look for a Cibie 95I...at least in that size range......like these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cibie-serie...ash=item4b125e8e66:g:9NsAAOSw5cNYjLzp&vxp=mtr

they have a plastic housing which will stand up to salt and **** we see better....a good lens.......it's more of their "economical" light, but it works well.

but these are some damned good lights, but quite big
https://www.amazon.com/Cibie-68716-Cesar-Square-Lamp/dp/B008DQV8D6

Cibie Airport 35, hard to beat

Last edited: