Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
oh yea.....i pig tail rigged up those Cibie's.....i never seen the likes, such a WIDE, flat and LONG beam as those. like super boosted fogs from hell

....when i get my phone gig fixed up i have to get pics of that.....and the Daylighters are a pretty weird beam.......like close range big spots. bright as the sun....well, they're 130 watts......i have to go to a long darker road to get some some shots of them both......i don't think i like the KC from what i saw, but they weren't mounted, just in my hand......i lit the **** out of the house half a block away though.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
here's a job i did....guy ordered a door with the wrong size jam, 5/8" to light..had a stupid screen door glued in front of the od door.......nobody else working this area would TOUCH the job.....house was built in '47....door came with no brick moulding or interior trim mould, i had to make those myself......i don't know how this house didn't go on fire all these years either......in this neighborhood this is an $750,000 house.

http://s407.photobucket.com/user/shovelbill/slideshow/DAngelo door project

Last edited:

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
if you look at the driver's side hook, it's up in the air....i didn't notice the frame when i thought that the hook was bent up......WRONG

You must be registered for see images attach

when i get the chance to do all this AGAIN....i'm going to mount the hook back in, heat the frame red and hammer the hook down where it belongs, bringing the bottom of the frame "box" down with it......i should be able to get it pretty damn close with some fine tuning......tomorrow i'm goint to try and shim it up till i get back to work.......the new grill guard is pretty fu@kin crooked.......and i'm pretty annoyed at myself for not catching it.........also have to cut verticle holes in the air dam to let it fit over the bottom brackets like the destructions say.....

i do have pictures of all this on my broken phone though......o_O

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Is it just the bottom flange pushed upwards?

If so, no need to heat the frame. Small pancake jack on a porta-power and a few small pieces of plate to jack it back down flat.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
here's a job i did....guy ordered a door with the wrong size jam, 5/8" to light..had a stupid screen door glued in front of the od door.......nobody else working this area would TOUCH the job.....house was built in '47....door came with no brick moulding or interior trim mould, i had to make those myself......i don't know how this house didn't go on fire all these years either......in this neighborhood this is an $750,000 house.

http://s407.photobucket.com/user/shovelbill/slideshow/DAngelo door project

Yikes. I despise lath and plaster.... hope you charged 'large' for that job.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
oh yea.....i pig tail rigged up those Cibie's.....i never seen the likes, such a WIDE, flat and LONG beam as those. like super boosted fogs from hell

....when i get my phone gig fixed up i have to get pics of that.....and the Daylighters are a pretty weird beam.......like close range big spots. bright as the sun....well, they're 130 watts......i have to go to a long darker road to get some some shots of them both......i don't think i like the KC from what i saw, but they weren't mounted, just in my hand......i lit the **** out of the house half a block away though.

Those are the driving beam Oscar plus 190 series correct?

144,000 candela with a 984 foot range, 85 foot wide.

EDIT: Nope, HIGH beam, Oscar plus ( Cibie number 067696 )

Last edited:

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
well fluted lense....it's my understanding the vintage Cibie lenses were leaded crystal.....perhaps before the buy out by Valeo in 1978.

this lense has an SAE rating. HR for high beam

lamp unit....they use special wire clips to hold the to the bezel too.......quite the comprehensive lamp assembly.

nice captured screw....there's brass in them thar lights!

this is the first light to use the H2 bulb. at that time it was the highest performance halogen bulb in existence.....and these bulbs need special "bulb holders" to place them in the housing

it's a German Narva H2 in the 55W flavor

i can't find these bulb-holders anywhere in the States.....only in Europe. i linked a sourse somewhere back a ways......i did remember to bookmark it though.

PS: yea, i know i bent the bulb base before figuring out to take it out of the "holder"......live and learn

My bad... not the driving pattern. High beam pattern. For those reading along, it is Cibie part number 067696.

By the way, you got a fantastic deal on them!!!! They would sell for over double what you paid for them.

Notice the H2 has an axial filament, compared to the H3 transverse filament.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Is it just the bottom flange pushed upwards?

If so, no need to heat the frame. Small pancake jack on a porta-power and a few small pieces of plate to jack it back down flat.

yea Mike....that's exactly what it seems like....i used to have access to a complete body shop.....once upon a time.......now i have to use what i got, when and where i can do it.....the bumper bracket is in there too.