Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brother Al

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since Im on photobucket...

Here's some before and after of the Anzo headlight upgrade on my truck and a current picture taken the other day, showing the yellowing.

As Purchased:

You must be registered for see images attach

Anzo/LMC headlights and Markers:

Recent pictures a bit over a week ago, taken the day after a snowstorm here in New England, Western Massachusetts, Holyoke specifically... notice the yellowing after a handful of years worth of exposure.
(Side markers are newer replacements due to cracking)

And just so everyone can truely understand why we complain about rust issues....

Look at all the beautiful Salt and Calcium Chloride!!!!
This is why our stuff rots out no matter how much we wash.

Last edited:

Brother Al

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For some reason I can't explain....I find myself on the lookout for super clean 2-door J-body cars....lol. But in my defense, after seeing member builds on a couple forums, those little shitboxes are absolutely bad-ass when a hot 3.1 V6 is crammed in and turbocharged. I have a dream in my mind of a LeSabre T-type with the backwards hood and a FWD 5.3 V8 from a newer Impala SS that I would really love to build. Cars guys have a variety of automotive sicknesses! lol

Right there with you

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Since Im on photobucket...

Here's some before and after of the Anzo headlight upgrade on my truck and a current picture taken the other day, showing the yellowing.

As Purchased:

Anzo/LMC headlights and Markers:

Recent pictures a bit over a week ago, taken the day after a snowstorm here in New England, Western Massachusetts, Holyoke specifically... notice the yellowing after a handful of years worth of exposure.
(Side markers are newer replacements due to cracking)

And just so everyone can truely understand why we complain about rust issues....

Look at all the beautiful Salt and Calcium Chloride!!!!
This is why our stuff rots out no matter how much we wash.

yup......some parts of the country have no clue as to how horrible salt and chemicals can be....and just how fast they rot stuff away......

i washed my truck the day before i left for upstate....150 miles later

they spread a combination of **** on this to melt it.....and it melts yer truck

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Right there with you

i'd like a Cavalier wagon...5 speed with the engine and suspension from the Pontiac Sunbird GT in it......would make a great little fuel mizer for trips that i can't ride on...and where the truck isn't needed.....34 mpg beats the hell out of 13, LOL.

when i had that Cavalier upstate with me it went EVERYWHERE i asked to go.....good snow tires, studded all around i got on every jobsite my boss' 4X4 trucks got to.....i also did it in a Country Squire when my K/5 was down for a bit....couldhaps be the driver too.....:D

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
ok.....my fu@kin phone caught some "sleep of death" **** and won't turn on....to fu@kin Verion i go tomorrow.....lost a few pictures for show and tell though.

maybe someone remembers i said i bought new tow hooks because one was bent?

it wasn't the hook.....it was the driver's side frame pushed up. the bottom of the "square"....mother ******! and this i found out when trying to put on the grill guard....beauty day, 50* and clear as clear could be in the zoo yawk ******......i felt good too

broke all 4 bolts' heads off taking the hooks off......nice hammer and the nut plates, with what was left of the bolts, were free......trying to put the Warn bracket on and it not lining up very well got me to looking at the frame in better perspective......it's not easy for me crawling around like a fu@kin bug either.....damn it!

i had some nice pictures of this part of the job......but, MY ****** PHONE IS DEAD!

i did put it together to see just how bad it is.......where i'm at i have no good tools, torch, pry-bars or the like......it's gonna have to wait till i get back to work so i can do it at Harley.....

have i said "FU@K" yet?

Last edited:

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
For some reason I can't explain....I find myself on the lookout for super clean 2-door J-body cars....lol. But in my defense, after seeing member builds on a couple forums, those little shitboxes are absolutely bad-ass when a hot 3.1 V6 is crammed in and turbocharged. I have a dream in my mind of a LeSabre T-type with the backwards hood and a FWD 5.3 V8 from a newer Impala SS that I would really love to build. Cars guys have a variety of automotive sicknesses! lol

you ever see a psycho Dodge Neon with a worked turbo gig? i know of one that runs in the 10's......cars ain't nothing but foul weather transportation to me....but some of these little sh1ts are pretty cool.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
ok....my heart rate is down a bit....i can't force be-boot this piece-o-**** phone....off to the store tomorrow.....guess that's why i pay $11 a damned month for insurance......

ok, i'll just post up the pics i took on a different phone.....you should have see captain techno geek trying to figure out how to e-mail them to myself, download em and get fu@kin photobag to upload em too....what joy i tell ya.

what i ended up doing was assembling it all together loose, swinging it up in place and then tightening it all up to see how whacked out it was.......glad an old friend stopped by to help hold some **** together....my octopus days are long gone......he's psyched i'm building this new truck too......before i took them out of the box, he asked where the "smiley covers" were.....HAHA.....he knows me 49 years....and he's been in all my trucks over the years too......sometimes we get to ride together, my oldest childhood friend Tony.

ok.....just cause i found it....here's Tony's '00 softail springer and my '84.....his sleds great grandma.