Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
If you are feeling extra saucy.... you can exchange the 55 watt H2's in your Oscars for 100 watt H2's. Stern has both Narva and Flosser to chose from.

:Good or Bad:

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Those are the driving beam Oscar plus 190 series correct?

144,000 candela with a 984 foot range, 85 foot wide.

EDIT: Nope, HIGH beam, Oscar plus ( Cibie number 067696 )

yea HR embossed....but it acts like a fog lamp....only beyond huge....from 5 feet away it went the width of the garage door and about 8" tall. from across the street it was lighting up 40' of 2 brick houses..what seemed like 4' tall beam......

i've never seen anything like it.....it was in my hand as well.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
yea HR embossed....but it acts like a fog lamp....only beyond huge....from 5 feet away it went the width of the garage door and about 8" tall. from across the street it was lighting up 40' of 2 brick houses..what seemed like 4' tall beam......

i've never seen anything like it.....it was in my hand as well.

Awesome.... can't wait until you have some beam shots.

Quality beats the heck out of Chinesium.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
My bad... not the driving pattern. High beam pattern. For those reading along, it is Cibie part number 067696.

By the way, you got a fantastic deal on them!!!! They would sell for over double what you paid for them.

Notice the H2 has an axial filament, compared to the H3 transverse filament.

yes i did....i wasn't looking for Oscar Plus', but how could you say no? i'm dying to try the brand new FOG lenses as well........THIS is all new ground for me.....and they fit that spot perfectly.

i can actually roll the tube/tab down and adjust the lamp to be a tad further IN and centered better too........like a glove. regular Oscars wouldn't fit there because of the bumper and their depth.

bingo on a prayer

and that beam is on a 55W Narva.....imagine a 100W bulb? i'm beyond impressed, can't wait to see them mounted proper and on a road.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Almost 2 decades ago I had a pair of KC 5x7's under the bumper of my Caprice... looks like they aren't making them any more? Can't find them on their website.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
as you say....."buy once, cry once"....but i caught some deals and shopped smart.......

there's a little known lens for the Oscar.....a fog/drive H4 lens......and this gent has a real rarity

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cibie-OSCAR...ash=item4b11e1ffa0:g:QVwAAOSwcUBYUuC0&vxp=mtr

Not really, they are listed in the 2014 catalog.

https://static.valeoservice.systems/sites/default/files/catalog/cibie_oscar_additional_headlight_range_2014_968317_catalogue_english.pdf

Under Oscar 180 mm, 067689

Used CNTRL +F to search for the number in the PDF. Still seems to be a valid number.