Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

you can see this "bend" is not as drastic as the cornering lamp below.

and here's how the magic happens......the reflector "bends" the light in opposite direction from it's source.....the right side reflects left and the left, right.......the fact that the pattern is OVER 200 FEET wide is unbelievable from a 6 inch light. i've read some 75 meters wide.

Last edited:

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score

to put it in scientific terms........

Cibie "squnched" the reflector to bend and fold the light where they wanted to put it........kind like holding a mirror at different angles from a light source to move the "light spot" from side to side.......fu@kin ingenious, huh?

it was designed to use a 100W H1 bulb......and with the new Philips XtremeVision +130% this should be SICK!

Last edited:

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score

i couldn't capture the reflector any better than what i did.......even without a flash the overhead light was bouncing all over the place.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Bill, my lights might just be a little high. when i took a nighttime frontal, they looked 'in my face'. one for sure is not aimed like the other.
picked up the grille. a few peeling chrome spots but overall not bad. had a 'new looking' pair of 225/85/16's so i got those too. he's one of those 'we buy junk cars' people and runs across great deals all day long. he's gonna call me when he gets a black hood.
cool dude and we could of talked for hours.

i like those kinds of "hook ups"......i'd much rather deal in person to person........unfortunately we don't have pick and pulls in the ity, it's almost like buying from Amazon.....some yards even have an online catalog.....or they find i through their network for you....can't see it till it comes and you go pick it up.....pay first too.

i miss living upstate for sure.

the biggest reason i haven't pulled the trigger on a grill is the spacing of the headlight and park lens......on my GMC they're closer together toward the TOP...and with my Warn brush guards around the lights, it fits better the way it is and doesn't block the turn signals as much as it would with the Chevy grill.....trade offs.

Last edited:

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
i like those kinds of "hook ups"......i'd much rather deal in person to person........unfortunately we don't have pick and pulls in the ity,.....
he does this at his house. he opened the garage door and there were the tires, mounted on duallies, along with 5-10 more. 3 hoods against the wall. parts everywhere in a 1 car garage. had a trailer with a Cavalier and a Trailblazer behind it. paid 500 for both. my HOA would have a **** brick if i did anything near that.
here's the 'new' grille vs the old:

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
this will be my next grill.......either a 2WD short bed or i'd love to find a 2WD Blazer.....or Tahoe, whater the hell hey called 'em.

it's got an "angry smirk" to it.....

Last edited:

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
i'm thinking of the next truck being built COMPLETELY out of my comfort zone.......a lowered 2WD with an upgraded suspension to handle winding country roads without bobbin, weaving and rolling all over......it won't be a horsepower monster, quite the opposite...with either a Vortec 4.3 or 5.0......5 speed.....'twill be my "econo-box" grocery getter. think fair weather rain ride.
and a honkin rally light setup leading the way.

i posted a picture of a grey Blazer a while back......THAT would be my first choice.....perhaps the unicorn 1999 version.

before that can happen i have to re-build my Road King to sell.....finish my shovel.....probably move upstae and maybe even finalize the lighting on THIS truck.....LMAO...ouch.

Last edited:

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Super Oscars... man those are the size of a dinner plate!!!

oh yea MIke.....by the way. if you're thinkin on the Cibie's we volleyed about....that guy is spot on, i have 2 more packages inbound and the tracking info is fine.....he's a pleasure to deal with.....for what i got those amber 35 drivers for, i have to consider myself a thief.

i'd grab those before they someone else does......if not let's pass em along, too good a deal to pass on.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
i'm thinking of the next truck being built COMPLETELY out of my comfort zone.......a lowered 2WD with an upgraded suspension to handle winding country roads without bobbin, weaving and rolling all over......it won't be a horsepower monster, quite the opposite...with either a Vortec 4.3 or 5.0......5 speed.....'twill be my "econo-box" grocery getter. think fair weather rain ride.
and a honkin rally light setup leading the way.

i posted a picture of a grey Blazer a while back......THAT would be my first choice.....perhaps the unicorn 1999 version.

before that can happen i have to re-build my Road King to sell.....finish my shovel.....probably move upstae and maybe even finalize the lighting on THIS truck.....LMAO...ouch.

Please don't build a lowered 4.3... I've been fighting the urge to drop mine for years. That might put me over the edge. :lol:

In fact lately I've been playing with the idea of LQ4/T56 swapping the red truck, but I doubt I'll ever bring myself to do it. It's just too nice to hack on. I need a beater...