Splash Guard Material

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schimpfy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's a good material to use for splash guards in the front wheel wells? Would I be better off just buying ready made ones instead? I need two full sets and I'd like to get away with this as cheaply as possible but to still have it look good.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Don't know of any for the front, I have a set of mud flaps I gotta fab up for mine

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got a big roll of rubber floor covering from work and made some for a truck years ago, about as thick as my floor mats. Worked great, held in with pop rivets and washers. It was ribbed so it was a PITA to keep clean. You could probably use a floormat made for the back seat area of an suv, or check lowes/home depot for a roll of rubber.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I bought OEM, and bought the plastic push pin things to attach them.

Maybe buy one set and trace them onto some other material?

Schimpfy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have one that's salvageable enough to get a pattern. :)

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm super annoyed by mine. I removed them to redo a lot of my suspension and ripped through at least half of the holes. Other than that mine are in good condition. I may try to reinforce the edge with something. Although they aren't terrible expensive. I think like $20 for a replacement set from LMC.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If thats all thats wrong with them then I would fix what ya got. Pop rivet someting along the top so you have something to work with. Might even be enough overlap front and rear to just move it one way or another to remount them