Spider Injectors + Headers Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tet97Chev

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, been a little while since I've been on the forum.

My 97 is showing signs that the spider injectors need replaced...misfiring, minimal power when accelerating etc. Put it in the facebook group today, most seem to be saying go with the delco MFI conversion, I've never dealt with injectors before so my knowledge is extremely limited. Can anybody shed some more light onto what the MFI conversion is and whether this is the best option?

https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-217-3029-Original-Equipment-Injector/dp/B000NW8EU8

Second thing, time for an exhaust overhaul. Looking at a set of long tubes and the first thing that i notice is that non-vortec headers are significantly cheaper than vortec. Would these work, provided some fabbing is done for the EGR valve?

https://www.holley.com/products/exhaust/headers_and_exhaust_manifolds/long_tube/parts/2462HKR

Any/all information is appreciated,

Thanks!

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Spider is a must upgrade. Ac Delco is the way to go.

Header's will work, IF you weld on an O2 bung.

streetperf

Reaction score
I don't know if the 87-95 headers fit the 97 truck. I used Hookers for my 98 and they fit great. I was informed the frame on a 96 and up to 99 is different from a 87/95 and there is a separate part number for the later truck. As for the egr. You will have to either eliminate the tube and GM has a plug for it, or fabricate a connection to the exhaust tube. If you make spacers for your ignition wires you can use stock wires. I make spacers approx .500 to attach to the ignition wire holders and it worked out fine.
Use what works for you.
As for the injectors. Look around the internet and Standard ignition also makes the conversion, who knows SMP may make the one for delco/delphi. But SMP unit is usually cheaper.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Header's physically fit throughout the range of the GMT400 chassis.

Ac Delco is 268 on Amazon right now.