soon to be new truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is an idea, how about leaving the truck stock?!?!?!?!!? The way the factory meant it, whats wrong with that, is 350 horses and 700+Ft/lbs of torque not enough to haul whatever your pulling???

jcloud

BaLlIn On A BuDgEt
Reaction score
How is the truck squeaky? Wish I had a diesel :/ lol...if you don't mind me asking how much did you pick up the truck for?

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks guys

i know about the allision, its not like i havent been looking into a duramax for a few years now or anything.......i know what they can handle and cant, ive done some research from people in person and all over the internet through out many many forums

i love the truck, so much power, 2x better fuel economy, just love it

i more so want the tuner to help with the few things im gonna do to it, egr blocker, pvc reroute, lift pump/filter, just basic small things to help it out in the long run

its gonna be my dd/tow rig, not like im gonna be drag racing or sled pulling every day with it, i want it to be sturdy and reliable

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I think if I bought a duramax, I would probably get just a fuel economy chip, demold/debadge, small lift, 33's, wheels, different headlights/taillights, and 2 short stacks with bologna cut and rain caps.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
One day, you'll realize it's all butterflies and semantics, and come back to loving GMT400's. Trust me ;)

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
One day, you'll realize it's all butterflies and semantics, and come back to loving GMT400's. Trust me ;)

True, it's impossible to own a GMT400 and say you don't like it, no matter how rusty or beat up it is.

Everyone knows OBS Chevy trucks take a beatin' and keep repeatin'.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i still love the gmt400s, i still have mine, it will still get attention every now and then

but i just wanted something more reliable, better milage and nicer ride...the extra extra power is nice too

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I always tell my friends, if I were to design a truck based off of what I like, I would draw the exact shape of the ECSB GMT400, they made it just the right amount of square, with the right body lines and headlight combo (I'm talking 94+ grills), and interior wise they really made a bold statement for the 95+ interior. Going from lego dashes to rounded and rugged dashes in the later models.

ls6firebird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks guys

i know about the allision, its not like i havent been looking into a duramax for a few years now or anything.......i know what they can handle and cant, ive done some research from people in person and all over the internet through out many many forums

lol i hear ya! its getting really hard for me to keep my mouth shut with random people asking about my truck and telling me im gonna blow a head gasket

bought mine to drag my obs to whereever i'll be playin with it lol. well, and haulin my car now since they closed our drag strip and the next closest track is an hour away