soon to be new truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

illinoisboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay so from what you guys have said, anyone under the age of 30 that has an opinion is a smart ass, anyone that has different opinions is wrong, allison is god but couldnt hold up to a ford, something about when you build a hot rod you dont just do engine work, and that manual dodges arnt as good a automatic, also everyone has different experiences but ours are wrong and have false information. Did i miss anything?
Squeaky im sorry that all this has fallen on your thread. Also very nice truck

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so, let me recap, i stated a story of why i would rather have a 6.4, you said how you cant copare an 08 dmax to a new ford (which i wasnt) then i corrected you about my story and said that the cummins had to be the top motor in the industy, which it is, then i stated that the ford tranny was better which it is, then i said chevy had nothing going for it, which it doesnt in the diesel world, then you went on about how the allison was god... and i said no its not and stated why its not... then you came back with calling me an idot kid that didnt know anythign about hot rodding and that i didnt know that you dont just build the motor you beef up everything... which i knew.... and now you switched everything around and agreed with me bust switched and said i was the one just now agreeing with you... sounds like a agrument i have with my father....

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
Okay so from what you guys have said, anyone under the age of 30 that has an opinion is a smart ass, anyone that has different opinions is wrong, allison is god but couldnt hold up to a ford, something about when you build a hot rod you dont just do engine work, and that manual dodges arnt as good a automatic, also everyone has different experiences but ours are wrong and have false information. Did i miss anything?
Squeaky im sorry that all this has fallen on your thread. Also very nice truck

NO Your brother came in and argued with my opinion then blatantly stated "there is no way an allison would hold up to the hp/ tq the new fords are making, and they will barley hold a dmax with a small tuner..." THIS ONE THOUGHT, WAS COMPLETELY WRONG, FALSE, BAD INFO Your brother, in 1 sentance made it sound like the allison is complete garbage and not worth having. THE 2 of you STILL think that your second hand experiance is "RIGHT" and its not. There is a whole world outside of your little southern Illinois, but the 2 of you seam to think you know all about modern diesel trucks because your cousins, girlfriends, uncles, sister, had one and experianced something one particular way.

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
so, let me recap, i stated a story of why i would rather have a 6.4, you said how you cant copare an 08 dmax to a new ford (which i wasnt) then i corrected you about my story and said that the cummins had to be the top motor in the industy, which it is, then i stated that the ford tranny was better which it is, then i said chevy had nothing going for it, which it doesnt in the diesel world, then you went on about how the allison was god... and i said no its not and stated why its not... then you came back with calling me an idot kid that didnt know anythign about hot rodding and that i didnt know that you dont just build the motor you beef up everything... which i knew.... and now you switched everything around and agreed with me bust switched and said i was the one just now agreeing with you... sounds like a agrument i have with my father....

STILL only your opinion, but you obviously STILL think its stone cold facts! I never said allison was GOD I simply corrected your fasle info of "theres no way..." There is a way! there are MANY ways! your wrong when you say the allison cannot hang! Your also wrong that the GM has nothing going for it! Its just as good a truck as the dodge or the ford! It all boils down to what a guy likes best, not what a 15 year old boy and his brother THINK.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
NO Your brother came in and argued with my opinion then blatantly stated "there is no way an allison would hold up to the hp/ tq the new fords are making, and they will barley hold a dmax with a small tuner..." THIS ONE THOUGHT, WAS COMPLETELY WRONG, FALSE, BAD INFO Your brother, in 1 sentance made it sound like the allison is complete garbage and not worth having. THE 2 of you STILL think that your second hand experiance is "RIGHT" and its not. There is a whole world outside of your little southern Illinois, but the 2 of you seam to think you know all about modern diesel trucks because your cousins, girlfriends, uncles, sister, had one and experianced something one particular way.
not saying the allison is complete garbage, no where does it say that, which in stock fourm with little more power added to the dmax, it is junk, but if chevy spent the extra money to make it a little better, it would be better, no our eperience might not be RIGHT, but id bet if you ask anyone that knows anything about adding power to diesel they would say the stock allison is worthless,you shouldnt have to dump 3 grand in a tranny to add 80hp to it, thats just a poor way to build one, heck, i agree allison can be the best tannies, but it takes about 10,000 for that to be, idk about you, but if im throwing 3 grand into a truck, i dont want it to all be in a tranny so that it will hold my little 80hp tune, i know of many people that have tons in their tranny just so they could add 100hp to a truck...

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
and if you would like to contiune this argument, feel free to do so in pm, no more since in blowing up this thread, and sorry to squeaky

illinoisboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Balzer, A you just said that and allison wouldnt hold a stock ford.... B, He is stating cold hard facts of what has happened around here with these trucks. Your contradicting yourself in your last couple of post, and its not like that fact that your "34" makes you any more right than we are. And he said a STOCK allison, not a full modded spent lots of money on allison. So how about this, we just say that all diesel trucks are decent and everyone of them has their own problems.