So... I did it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
+400 for the 80e being a much better/stouter trans! Stick with delco/Delphi parts, anytime you can, for sure.

Nylanderz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 6.5 with a 4l60e has done almost 350,000km and haven't been rebuilt even once, only the regular oil/filter change every 40,000km. Previous owners have been towing pretty much with the car too and still feels like brand new, but i guess they hold up fine without torqueing too much and my car is pretty stock..

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright, thanks guys. I figures it was BS that I was hearing. I got a few badges off, and put the new emblem on. I still need to do the side moldings, but I got the tailgate emblems off, and 4x4 stickers off the side.
You must be registered for see images attach

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Looks good so far! Not sure how I feel about removing the 4x4 decals, I think there's just too much open space there afterwards.
I love the tailgate badging! I wonder if something could be done to make that work on an SUV with barn doors?
The PYOs still look great on there too!

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Alright, thanks guys. I figures it was BS that I was hearing. I got a few badges off, and put the new emblem on. I still need to do the side moldings, but I got the tailgate emblems off, and 4x4 stickers off the side.

Not sure how I feel bout them big ol letters, I removed the off of my 98 that had an older bed on it...
Looks good so far! Not sure how I feel about removing the 4x4 decals, I think there's just too much open space there afterwards.
I love the tailgate badging! I wonder if something could be done to make that work on an SUV with barn doors?
The PYOs still look great on there too!

Them damn PY0s are so sexy, I need to find some for mine :bawl: I'm so jelly

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know we're past the 4L60E or 4L80E debate, but I figured I'd throw in my two cents. I'm going to be on my third 4L60E soon in less than 4K miles, and my truck is completely stock under the hood...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
My 6.5 with a 4l60e has done almost 350,000km and haven't been rebuilt even once, only the regular oil/filter change every 40,000km. Previous owners have been towing pretty much with the car too and still feels like brand new, but i guess they hold up fine without torqueing too much and my car is pretty stock..
6.5s don't make any power that's why lol.

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cleaned it up yesterday.

I have to say, I'm pretty happy about the tailgate emblem, the 4x4 stickers being gone, and how well the PYOs look. It doesn't stand out to most people, but I definitely love this truck. Now to get it solid white, paint the under carriage, and do some work on it.