Snow tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Campoli

Reaction score
Gettin ready for winter here in pa and I'm looking for new suggestions on snow tires mainly on street but I will be going thru unplowed roads paved and dirt

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Hankook ipikes. I average about 40-50k out of a set. And my crown vic is a monster in the snow I love them

Adam

Campoli

Reaction score
Those ipikes look nice not that aggressive looking looks like a great street snow tire tho for my wife's lifted explorer two studded in the rear
But I'm not sure about the pickup w loads of lumber wood or salt in the bed through unplowed roads

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
I delivered newspapers for 5 years in a crown vic overloaded with papers.(rear end resting on the bump stops) and out before the plow trucks never once got stuck.

Adam

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
BFG All-Terrain KO is an amazing tire in snow. They last and have great road manners. They do ok in mud for an A/T but nothing to write home about, anywhere else tho you will love them.

Hydengr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I second the BFG All-Terrain KO recommendation... Tall and skinny is the way to go. I'm a PA native, currently residing in Southern IN. Truck in sig is currently running 235 85 16 E. I realize that these tires are not cheap, however, I've run them on several old Yota's and my old K5 Blazer and have always got over 55K on them before I got rid of them. Even with that kind of mileage, they'd still pass PA inspections...

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
From my experience with BFG A/T they have good life and road manners and perform well on ice, but kinda suck in the snow. My mom has 07 4runner with bfg at's and lives on an unplowed mountain dirt road and they just get packed with snow and look like snowball tires. I mean they get the job done but not anything to brag about :) just my experience.