Skylark's Dad's 94

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This truck was purchased as a parts truck. It is a 1994 K1500, 350, 5 speed with 373 gears. It is pretty much stock with the exception of an aftermarket stereo and a 4 inch lift. I remember this truck back in 1996. It belonged to a city worker in the town that I grew up in. Later on in life I hired his son and he inherited the truck when his father passed away. We will be the third family owning this truck. I'm not going to deny that I wanted this truck back in the day. I also wanted it when I hired his son. I was intending to sell this truck and make some money on it but I am quite happy that my dad wanted it and it will stay in the family.

The rear end was making a bunch of noise in the Yukon. The pinion had a quarter of a turn of slop. It turns out all that was wrong was a bad u-joint and the pinion nut had backed off. We replaced the U-joint and tightened the nut back up and all is well. This truck was purchased for the rear end to put into the Yukon. Obviously it was no longer needed as a parts truck.

The truck was a whopping $200. The previous owner parked it because he had five kids, it was using a bunch of oil and it had a bunch of little minor things going on. It had been sitting for about a year and the back window and got broken out of it. The interior was in reasonable shape but dirty and moldy. We replaced the back window and clean the interior of the mold. When the weather gets warmer we will pull the seats and carpet out of it and clean them further.

The engine definitely smokes while driving down the road so the current plan is to yank the 350 and rebuild the short block with a set of vortec heads and a 395 cam. Dad intends to put 33s back on it instead of the 35s that used to be on it back in the day. Most likely it will be on stock 400 wheels.

When i first went out to look at it.
You must be registered for see images attach

After getting it to our car wash.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After several hours she looked like this.

Goose 3406

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats a pretty good truck for just two bills, is that a stock 350 five speed combo? Don't see too many of those where im from

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It really did clean up good. The yellow on the tailgate was adhesive that has been cleaned up since the picture was taken.