Skylark's Dad's 94

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shane B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great job on the cleanup skylark! Definitely looking forward to more updates.... get to work! :) By the way, how's the car wash business going?

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great job on the cleanup skylark! Definitely looking forward to more updates.... get to work! :) By the way, how's the car wash business going?
Thanks! The car wash business is going decent. We have some things that we want to do but we will have to wait until we have the money.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't recall if I mentioned the plan on the smoking engine. The plan is to get an engine from ccreddell, a member here. We have done a bit of trading back and forth and he is ending up with an engine project of ours. That means that his current vortec headed tbi engine won't have a home. It needs to have the heads gone through but the short block is sound. It currently has a lt1 cam that worked good for his 3.42 gear rcsn c1500 but it wouldn't be ideal here. Instead we will pick up the 395 ramjet cam. Once we do that it will have a home in dad's truck.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We have been doing a bunch of little projects on it. Simple stuff like getting the 3rd brake light/cargo lights working, swapping lug nuts so the factory caps will fit and getting the horn working.
Dad started swapping out the shifter for the Hurst on from my 93. We found a stripped hole in the tranny so we need to helicoil it.
I swapped the door card on the passenger door with one from our 89 chassis donor but I also found a bad section of harness between the motor and the switch so I stole that from the chassis donor as well. The power door locks don't work and I believe that they are ground controlled but I haven't had a chance to play with them. If anyone has a schematic that would be really nice.
Finally we stripped the steering column down to locktite and tighten those 4 E trox bolts that always loosen up. We also replaced the worn out ignition tumbler.

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have been doing a bunch of little projects on it. Simple stuff like getting the 3rd brake light/cargo lights working, swapping lug nuts so the factory caps will fit and getting the horn working.
Dad started swapping out the shifter for the Hurst on from my 93. We found a stripped hole in the tranny so we need to helicoil it.
I swapped the door card on the passenger door with one from our 89 chassis donor but I also found a bad section of harness between the motor and the switch so I stole that from the chassis donor as well. The power door locks don't work and I believe that they are ground controlled but I haven't had a chance to play with them. If anyone has a schematic that would be really nice.
Finally we stripped the steering column down to locktite and tighten those 4 E trox bolts that always loosen up. We also replaced the worn out ignition tumbler.
Hopefully this will help you. It's for an 89 but I *believe* that it is applicable for up to 94 models.
You must be registered for see images attach