Should I Seafoam my 98 Chevy with 260k miles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Knockoutpie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, my 1998 5.7 v8 silverado has 260k miles on it, getting around 13 - 15 mpg but nothing terrible, just curious, would it benefit me any to run seafoam through my engine? Would like a little smoother ride :]

satxwy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think running it through the vacuum line and through the gas tank should be fine and maybe helpful. Only one that ever seems to get warnings is putting SeaFoam in your oil, especially on a high mileage engine.

satxwy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did it recently on my 98 with 217k. I got some white smoke behind it for the 1st 1/4 mile or so but I didn't notice much difference after that. I'm planning to try it again sometime though to try to get rid of some pinging with less than premium gas.

Is there a problem you're trying to fix or just wanna do it to see if it does anything?

Knockoutpie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No problem my truck runs great you know, wanted to see if seafoam would do anything. The only thing I could complain about is around 65-70 it gets real bouncy on the road but at 80 runs smooth as a whistle. And no, the tires are balanced lol! Don't say they're not :3 they are.

satxwy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
U-Joint? :lol:

Funny you mention that cause mine does the exact same thing.

Knockoutpie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Believe me, I have had it all checked, aligment, camber, balancing / road force balancing the wheels, rotation regularly. Everything is good from the pros END, no idea why she's bouncy at 65-70 sometimes.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Yes sea foam will clean up the carbon in your intake. It works well for me I used some in oil, gas and brake booster line. Not like you can feel a difference but it helps your engine out for sure. I have 294000 miles BTW