Should I get this Duramax?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
So just yesterday a dealership offered to buy my camaro for near the same price I bought it for and my dad needed a new truck so I sold the maro and bought him a new silverado, but without the camaro im left with KI//ER as my only thing to drive, and since gas is so crazy, and I only get 10 mpg in KI//ER I did some reaserch and found this: 2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax ccsb with 158k miles on it for $20k, no rust extremely clean interior and exterior, and used as a highway towing rig... what do you all think?
You must be registered for see images attach

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ehh a lil high mileage for the price, but looks good! If you like it go for it!

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
I bet i could talk them down to $17.5 since im not trading any thing in, but I need to talk to them tomorrow for sure

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ this

So much for the "investment" in the camaro huh?

I dont think its a good idea from a milage standpoint. Diesel is higher than gas right now and it will take forever (over 10 yrs probably) to break even on the "investment" of the truck from a fuel mileage standpoint. If your worried about mileage and gas prices get a civic or something like that as a daily driver. You already have a truck for when you need one and if you need a stockish one your dad has one. Otherwise that $400/month payment (not counting insurance taxes etc) will buy alot of gas.

Or take some money an regear your truck so its back to stock ratio with the big tires and that should get you back up to 16 or so, which is what mine gets pretty consistantly.

Just my opinion since you asked.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How are you going to save money with a truck payment? makes no sense, unless you are the GMT 400 version of NCoons from FSC

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
No payments buying it with cash lol, and my neighbor owned the truck so I know what it was used for lol

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
And some financial things came up with my parents and my dad needed a vehicle, I would have been a selfish douce not to help, blue x