Should I get this Duramax?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you have cash for a $20000 truck why don't you buy a nice car to sip gas, sounds like you are not to worried about buying fuel and just want a d max and the few mpgs better make you feel better on the inside.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I would just regear the OBS, unless you come across a cheap commuter car. I get 15-16 pretty easy, and that's in CA where smog crap bogs you down. Diesel is more expensive than gas. Not to mention the cost of parts if anything should break on the Duramax. Do you have any idea what kind of mileage that rig gets?
What gears are you running with those tires?

Honestly man, props for stepping up and helping your folks. I'm sure it still wasn't easy to sell that camaro.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
I know the practical thing to do is get a car, but I really don't like cars... I'm just stuborn and i have the cash because my grandpa left me some money when he died :( in all honesty Il probably buy a 2005 Gmc Sierra 1500 with 48k miles for $18. The best part is that its the same color as KI//ER only the nbs body style:) and Yukon driver I'm runing 35 x 12.5 R 20's with 3.73 gears.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know the practical thing to do is get a car, but I really don't like cars... I'm just stuborn and i have the cash because my grandpa left me some money when he died :( in all honesty Il probably buy a 2005 Gmc Sierra 1500 with 48k miles for $18. The best part is that its the same color as KI//ER only the nbs body style:) and Yukon driver I'm runing 35 x 12.5 R 20's with 3.73 gears.

SO you are going to blow your grandpa hard earned money he left you all at once on a D max? I need to bow out of this thread before I get in trouble. Don;t you have college to attend? or tech school? or move out and buy a house or apartment? or just generally start growing up and use that money wisely?

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Re-gear the OBS, buy a car, save a LOT of fuel vs. a dmax and save money.

From reading this thread it just sounds like firstly you want a dmax and secondly want better mileage. Buying the dmax wont save you much in fuel prices if any. And the money you will save will go right back into maintenance cost.

Just my .02

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
Ha ha its not your money so why do you care so much, besides nothings set in stone yet... Im going to Wyotech in June and my schooling is paid for all ready through hard earned scholarships. You don't know my life so dont judge me like you do!

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
Thanks Tyler, I think I posted this thread to quickly before thinking out my options better... :/

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ha ha its not your money so why do you care so much, besides nothings set in stone yet... Im going to Wyotech in June and my schooling is paid for all ready through hard earned scholarships. You don't know my life so dont judge me like you do!

Well then a D max will save you no money in the long run and seems like you just want to brag a little about buying one and you want one more then you can justify at all. I asked questions. didn't judge, you blow your money how ever you want now.

I know if I got money from family I wouldn't blow it on a truck just cuz.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
I just posted this thread to ask what you all think about it cause I value your opinions and clearly you think its a bad idea and i respect that. It was more of an excitement thing I will admit, but i feel like I'm being judged for it... I hate people who brag a lot and I'm not usually about that, but maybe it got skewed to look like that so I'm sorry...