shaved doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyracer005

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right section to post this in but ill post here anyway. Im planning on shaving my door handles right after Christmas but my dad doesn't want me to he says im going to get locked outta my truck. does anyone have shaved door handles on a daily driven truck? would you mind giving me the pros and cons of shaving my doors?

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, being someone who hasn't had shaved doors on their ride, i am not sure of the pros / cons.

BUT: with a shaved door kit, you will get a key fob that will pop open the door if as well as the option to get manual door poppers that 'pop' the door open with out a key fob.

supjim12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cons: you can get locked out of your truck, (seen that happen) manual bypass can fail, door can get snagged, motor shorts out,

Pros: clean look (all I can really think of for pros)

Just have a decent shop do the work TEST the manual bypass before you leave. Make sure they use decent parts. I have seen kits use weak motors actuators, linkages and plastic retainers fail, I have also seen bad wiring jobs where actuators and relays fail prematurely. When you get thie kit done look over it and have them explain how they will install it. To many people get the kit and mess something up and cannot get in or out of there truck Without busting a window.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive had cars and truck with shaved handles and they all have failed at on time or another. I always ran a pull cable for just in case.

chevyracer005

Reaction score
thanks guys for the replys i think i am going to wait on shaving the doors for now. I'll probably just paint the door handles for now. Then in a couple years when its not my daily driver ill shave the doors.

CAMDIDDY

Reaction score
I shaved mine recently. I used the AVS bolt in kit. has worked well so far. It has backup wires under the hood in case of emergency.

CAMDIDDY

Reaction score
I ran the wires along the driverside fender. I can reach the wires around the wheel. Then you just hook them to a battery to pop the lock.

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
ive had 2 trucks that were my daily with them. never ran into problems in the warmer weather but when it got down below freezing my door wouldnt open sometimes. ill never do them on a daily again