SAS? How many inches?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ARTEMIS1759

Reaction score
I have designed my own SAS kit and am building it as money is available but how many inches over stock do I need to go without serious fender trimming for 37x12.50 HMMWV Goodyear MT/R Ks? I am in the guard and figure I can aquire them for a decent price and I have decided with my blacked out look the HMMWV wheels would look bad ass. Thanks.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
For 37s youd need about 9 inches over stock to run em with a bit of clearance

Sent from the boonies

at least...then throw in the factor that the Hummer wheels have a serious FWD style offset to them. If i remember right from when i was researching running them on my old K3500 they have a 7" backspace so will prob require spacers even on a SAS...especially if you want any sort of stability at that height.

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
at least...then throw in the factor that the Hummer wheels have a serious FWD style offset to them. If i remember right from when i was researching running them on my old K3500 they have a 7" backspace so will prob require spacers even on a SAS...especially if you want any sort of stability at that height.

ahh, i had no clue.

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
me and my friend are both running 37's on our trucks with cranked 6inch IFS lifts. Hey has the military tires on some aftermarket black 16.5 wheels with something like -36 offset.

I bet you'd be fine with 6 or 7 inches.

86454k30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck has 8"'s of lift, with 37x13.5's on 10's and mine stiil rub the fender a little bit on parking lot turn in sometimes.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As mentioned, the only way to get H1's to work wouldbe to re-center them unless you run a drw axle, to get a spacer to work it would have to be 6" spacer.

as for lift height, here is my truck, net lift is about 4" over stock, SAS with 35's and I only had to clearence the front bumper, I also stretched the axle forward a couple inches which would have minimized the trimming. It will fit a 37" tire on wheel with 4.5" BS but at that point I am risking contact with the LCA.
You must be registered for see images attach

Edit to add measurements
with 32" tires I was 35" to the fender
With 35" tires I am 40.25" to the fender

so thats 5.25" minus 1.5" for tire difference so that puts me at a net total of 3.75" of total lift over stock.