RyanMerrick's 1997 C2500 RCLB Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Battery Replacement

Forgot to post that I replaced that battery with a DieHard Platinum almost 2 years ago now. Still going strong summer or subzero, would highly recommend the Platinum line (rebranded Odyssey Batteries). Decided to change over to the 34/78 Dual Terminal model, for the inevitable times I need to jump start other cars in the middle of Winter.

Parts Used:
DieHard Platinum 34/78DT

You must be registered for see images attach

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
Forgot to post that I replaced that battery with a DieHard Platinum almost 2 years ago now. Still going strong summer or subzero, would highly recommend the Platinum line (rebranded Odyssey Batteries). Decided to change over to the 34/78 Dual Terminal model, for the inevitable times I need to jump start other cars in the middle of Winter.

Parts Used:
DieHard Platinum 34/78DT

I've got a dual post interstate like that, very convenient

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Wipers were acting erratically, stopping in the middle of the windshield, and sometimes not functioning at all. Replaced the pulse board, and zero problems since.

Parts Used: Cardone 81-158PB

jon_deschain

Reaction score
How did you get that board out? My '95 wipers are acting erratic also. I've read a thread on here about resoldering the pins on the board but I can't find that thread again.

Sent from my Samsung G3 using TapaTalk

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
How did you get that board out? My '95 wipers are acting erratic also. I've read a thread on here about resoldering the pins on the board but I can't find that thread again.

Sent from my Samsung G3 using TapaTalk

You just remove 3 torx screws, disconnect the plug, and pull it out of the housing. Due to the low cost of the part ($15-20), I didn't bother trying to repair the circuit board.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Mine were acting up last winter, I snagged a board out of a S10 at the junkyard. The wipers sweep at a slightly different rate on intermittent, I like it better.

Ryan, How is the frame holding up? I noticed mile was flaking and pealing when I was under it fixing the fuel leak last week.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Mine were acting up last winter, I snagged a board out of a S10 at the junkyard. The wipers sweep at a slightly different rate on intermittent, I like it better.

Ryan, How is the frame holding up? I noticed mile was flaking and pealing when I was under it fixing the fuel leak last week.

So far there have been zero issues, but Winter will be the real test with all the salt thrown out. I still need to prep and coat the front half of the frame (I've been putting it off).

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
The frame looks so fresh, now I want to do the same with mine!

How come the tie-downs are up there, do they hold any weight? I'd be worried to bend the bedsides...
Mine are in the bed floor, each corner and on top of the wheel wells from factory, each can hold 3300 lbs. (Even tho I can only, legally, load 2300 lbs in the bed.)

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
The frame looks so fresh, now I want to do the same with mine!

How come the tie-downs are up there, do they hold any weight? I'd be worried to bend the bedsides...
Mine are in the bed floor, each corner and on top of the wheel wells from factory, each can hold 3300 lbs. (Even tho I can only, legally, load 2300 lbs in the bed.)

Thanks! Its worth the trouble, but it takes a lot of time to do it right.

The tie-downs are useful to prevent items from moving/rolling around while driving. I rarely use ratcheting straps on them, but with rubber straps they are very helpful for keeping items flat against the toolbox or tailgate (like a grill, 5 gallon paint buckets, boxes, etc). They are also helpful for strapping down a tarp over mulch/topsoil/etc. I prefer the hidden tie-downs but those won't work with my existing bedliner.