Resuscitating the 1992 K2500 Restore and Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeremiah6.5

Reaction score
Do you think cranking the front end would be all right to match the rear?? Theres no lift on it I just want to bring the nose up level...This is how its sitting now......I dont know if you can tell from the pic how much lower the front is

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Do you think cranking the front end would be all right to match the rear?? Theres no lift on it I just dont want to bring the nose up level...This is how its sitting now......I dont know if you can tell from the pic how much lower the front is

If you wanted to you could crank it all the way to the bumpstops but that makes the ride harsh as hell and accelerates wear on the front end. But you can safely crank the front end to lift it up to 1.5" of lift with no ill effects.

Powered by Detroit Diesel

Jeremiah6.5

Reaction score
Well managed to get the front end cranked up a little bit, also got the mirrors, grill, and fender flares painted...still doesnt take away from the god awful chipped paint but its a step forward I guess............

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
She will be a whole new truck with a fresh coat of paint on her.

Jeremiah6.5

Reaction score
Yeah some paint, with fresh wheels and tires would make a world of a difference....Will a 97 interior match my 92? I found a parts truck with a grey interior but its a 97...

Dubya

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
single cab diesel! nice truck u got there with some new tires this truck is gonna b sick!

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Yeah some paint, with fresh wheels and tires would make a world of a difference....Will a 97 interior match my 92? I found a parts truck with a grey interior but its a 97...

No, the interiors won't match. They moved to the new interior in 95. It is possible to swap to the newer interior, but getting all the components working is no beginner task.

Sent from my busted Desire using Tapatalk.

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well how about a suspension lift then?? Some offset radiator mounts shouldnt be to hard to do because I got welding courses on Wed's so I pretty much have access to free metal, machines, and welding....

i vote for a solid axle swap :flamingdevil: