Resuscitating the 1992 K2500 Restore and Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Ok I did some reading and found other reasons why a body lift cant be done. The turbo would make contact with the passenger fender. Plus there are a few other lines that would make it a problem. Guess it comes down to this...if you want to spend the time to rework a decent portion of the front clip to clear these areas and try to keep the rad in the best location for cooling go for it, other wise take the money you were gonna use for a bl and put it into an RCX lift kit. You would have it close to half paid for by the time you got the materials and the body lift kit.

Powered by Detroit Diesel

Jeremiah6.5

Reaction score
weeeellllllll looks like we'll be doing a rough country lift in the spring then......and could somebody point me in the right direction where lift kits are for this truck?? All I'm seeing is lifts for 6 lug trucks....:hmm:

Last edited:

92gmc4x4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't think rough country makes a lift for our 8 lug trucks. I could be wrong. Check out tuff country

Jeremiah6.5

Reaction score
Its not going happen anytime soon but I'm really into the short stacks and tire carrier on this ford, and this front bumper light bar setup in the other pic....With the truck being a single cab I think huge stacks would over power the trucks looks, I really like the short stubby turned out look of these...

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Jeremiah6.5

Reaction score
Well found the manual and window sticker today on the inside of the seat!! In 92' it came up to $21,867 the 6.5L Turbo Diesel Engine and Heavy Duty 5 speed manual transmission with Deep Low and Overdrive added $3,100...thought that was pretty cool...on a bad note my 4wd isn't working so I'm thinking the accuator is bad since the linkage seems to look good

Jeremiah6.5

Reaction score
Alright after a week of driving around town I've found the trucks gonna need new motor mounts, front sway bar links, and a 4wd actuator (so far)....everything else seems to be smooth running...I've cleaned the engine bay (decent) put in a refurbished alternator, and replaced both batteries. I'm going to order parts next week to get it more road worthy, and also get new headlights, corners, and tail lights. This weekend I'll probably rattlecan the grill and fender flares to add some life back to them. Maybe debadge it and get the trim off. I'll get some pics up Sunday, somehow gotta get the mowing done and garage cleaned up in there too.....lol

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Now would be a great time to consider a posi lok kit to replace the acuator on the front diff. One bonus of the posi lok kit is that you can run the truck in 2lo with the front diff disengaged.