Rear shock question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ecaldwell78

Reaction score
Hi all! This is my first post so please forgive the noobness. I have a 1998 Z71 4X4 with a 3" BL and I'm getting ready to install my 3" blocks in the rear but am unsure if i will need to get new shocks or not. I know it's a stupid question and i was looking at the Monroe sensa-tracs just for price and extra capacity, but they don't say if they will work with the block lift.
Long story short, do I have to replace my shocks with the blocks? And if so, with the coil over sensa tracs work?

Many thanks,

Evan

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
I personally have never added a body lift to my truck. But I know that when I've changed shocks, they can get pretty damn long. I would double check sizes, but I imagine with 3inchs you'd be okay. I know some shocks give an extended max and compressed sizes in inches. So grab a tape and check.

danman6677

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You could save some money and buy the monroe gas matics same as NAPAS response , put em on my k2500 and recently caught some air off a ditch, tuff shock.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you'll need a shock for 0 to 3" lift i did 3" blocks in my girlfriends silverado and the stock shocks were about an inch short

ecaldwell78

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies fellas! Do you think then that the Rancho RS5000 shocks would be a decent shock choice? I'm on a limited budget and they seem reasonably priced? I know the truck came with Bilsteins from the factory but they are more than I "want" to spend. The only reason I was asking about those sensa tracs is for the extra load capacity as I tend to haul some heavy stuff.
Thanks again to all, I think this forum is great and everone seems very nice and knowledgeable.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have skyjacker hydro 7000's they were 68.00 for the pair have had good luck with them and also have had good luck with the ranchos on my 88 silverado 3500 that I had