Random stuff around the shop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Aaaaaagh!!! I wish I lived closer to you, MOBS. I woulda traded you for some seat work! Chaser-454... That's a smokin' deal!

Chaser-454

Reaction score
oh ****, i will call you when i get off work and go straight there. you can hear my secret weapon coming down the road haha so it is not too secret. i have work early so i have to get off here but i will give you a call tomorrow when i get ready to head on over.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Aaaaaagh!!! I wish I lived closer to you, MOBS. I woulda traded you for some seat work! Chaser-454... That's a smokin' deal!

Hey, I added those blowers on july 24th and still got no PM's even to ask a question, you guys gotta start being more brave!!! lol, shipping woulda been fun, R&L carriers quoted me $125 to ship just 1 blower to 90210 zip, so that gives ya an idea of cost.

I got a huge listing of parts coming from a dealership in redwood city, CA and they're shipping for $150 to my local GM dealership, all i gotta do is go pick them up locally. :evillol: Gotta learn how to say "screw you!!!" to the high ass shipping costs nowadays. Loop holes are awesome!

Good deal chaser, I'll await your call.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Biz-Biz, if you have a loading dock, is what I've found to be the most reasonable. That $125.00 shipping cost would double, shipped to me, up here in the Great White North!

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, north of the border is high....I think it's due to some official not liking american stuff entering canada lol.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Eh, forgot to mention, this stuff is SOLD.

Sewlow58, R&L had quoted me $495 for that lot of parts my buddy in Cali is sending IF he took it to their warehouse and IF I picked it up at their warehouse here. So either they're overpriced, or the dealerships have a discounted shipping network. My hood I ordered cost $139 to have freighted from Detroit, although shipping weight said 35lbs, ****, 35lbs spread out makes it feel tons heavier, lol.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
WOW!! That's very expensive. When I've had engines, transmissions, or rear-ends shipped, if it was on a pallet, it was way cheaper shipped biz-biz, than if I had it shipped from my door to wherever it was going. I think the key is having it on a pallet, especially when the item was going cross-border. And that's another factor us Canucks face when shipping. That damn official at the border that has something against us getting stuff from the States.

Chaser-454

Reaction score
hey mobs thanks for the parts, they are in excellent shape. call me when you get ready to put that engine on the dyno, i want to be there and see that ****!