Random stuff around the shop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Cleaning the shop a little, mostly getting all those faded boxes of spare parts off the shelves that I no longer have a use for or anything that they fit. Parts are in as "NEW" condition unless otherwise noted. Don't have the items packaged for shipping yet, so if I send a shipping estimate, it'll be on the high side and anything over the cost will be refunded to you.

Make offer via private message on anything listed.

-MOBS.

UPDATE: I found an old cam that I'd had a buddy grind for me back in the late-90's, it's never been installed, and I don't rightfully remember the specs, I just mic'd the journals and lobes so I have journal size and lift, but it would be a guess, unless he keeps records of part numbers. I'll give him a call and see if he can check his archives for me.

Info:

Journal size: 1.873"
Cut by Dema Elgin in Redwood City, CA
SBC camshaft

Part numbers:

It's a flat-tappet hydraulic cam.

Update: I finally got ahold to Dema, and got the specs for the grind. The blank was $118, and the cut cost $65.

These are specs with 1.5 rockers:

.498/.502 Lift
298/301 total duration
20 degrees overlap
6 degrees advance cut

Just pm with offers for cam.

UPDATE: Selling one of my new/sealed car amps, it's a Hifonics Colossus 3200. It's a hybrid 2channel class-D amp, it'll output 1600w at 1ohm per channel, or you can bridge the 2channels to get 3200w at 2ohms. $450+s/h. SOLD

Four 16x6 8-lug +127mm offset steel rims, originally gray in color, but exteriors were painted white many years ago. They would need to be stripped/sanded and painted. Also, four billet 5x5 to 8x6.5 adapters to convert from 5-lug to 8-lug, they're 2" thick; and four billet 8x6.5 to 8x6.5 spacers, 3" thick. I have all lug nuts needed for the conversion, they're all high-grade lug nuts. Also have a set(32 nuts) of chrome high-polish compression lug nuts for 95+ studs. Offers taken on any/all; the adapters, spacers, and lugs nuts are all brand new, never installed.

Here's an example of how much these things sell for:
Compression lug nuts, this is for 20, I have 32: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lug-Nuts-Du...ccessories&hash=item5ae66f99c7#ht_1567wt_1397 New they are: $3.70/each; $118 for all 32.
Standard acorn lug nuts, I have all 20: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lug-Nuts-Bu...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53ecbc8a1c New they are: $.85/each; $17 for all 20.
Adapts 5 lug hub to 8 lug wheels, double this price for a full 4 wheel set: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wheel-Adapt...ccessories&hash=item5649f41c64#ht_2063wt_1140 New they are: $268 for a set of 4.
Adds 3" of spacer, double this price for a full 4 wheel set: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wheel-Adapt...ccessories&hash=item5649fd4770#ht_1968wt_1397 New they are: $328 for a set of 4.

Make an offer, you can't offend me :) Also, the lug nuts and studs are the metric size and thread pitch, so they'll work on 95+ models. They'll work on pre-95 also, but will need the standard(english) lugnuts for the 1/2" size studs on the truck's hubs.

Also might part with a few guns, shipped to an FFL holder of your choice. PM for types and pics.

Update: 357ci, stock style +.040" pistons, iron rings(filed), 10.2:1 CR, 1.94/1.60 valves, Pioneer springs, solid retainers, 268H cam, internals balanced within 4 grams, performer intake(dual plane), heat risers blocked, 4-bolt mains, chrome medium rise valve covers, chrome oil pan(stock style; rear sump), chrome timing cover, single roller timing set, Pro-Form 650 mechanical secondaries RtR(Ready to Race....chokeless).....this is not a complete engine, it's between a longblock and premium longblock. It lacks flywheel, distributor, pulleys, mechanical pump/blockoff plate, exhaust manifolds, accessory brackets, and I believe that's it. It has ALL brand new internals, brand new carb($534.99 new), no shortcuts were taken in this build. The engine is located in North-Central Mississippi, I have debts needing paid, so unfortunately it must go. I have $2410 in this engine, make an offer!!!

Last edited:

Chaser-454

Reaction score
you have pictures of this stuff or are you close enough to come look? i am in maben, northwest of starkvegas

Last edited:

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Haha, yeah, you know where Peay's Race Shop is on hwy 389? I have an old homestead near there with my shop, I can meet you halfway if ya want, at Peay's. I'll hit'em up with a blaster to clean them off for ya if ya want. Ofcourse I'll pressurize the bearings too, that'll keep them from dry-running the first few seconds after cranking. I'll be at peay's tomorrow pulling some more gmt400's outta the bushes to strip, think you can come by?

Chaser-454

Reaction score
sorry i work the same hours as his shop is why i asked for pictures. what are you even asking for them? i am wanting the 871 so what do you want for it sight unseen and i will take off work and come look but i dont want to take off work if i cant afford them from the start. i have 210cc heads so i need the low rpm high flow of the 871 so i can still drive on the street.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Well, to start, I don't list stuff with prices shown, it keeps googlers from joining just to get good deals on stuff and then possibly resell on ebay, I sell cheap to help out the forum members. Make me a lowball sight-unseen offer.

Chaser-454

Reaction score
oh ok i understand, thats a good idea, but if you want lowball i can go lowball! 500 bucks for both blowers and your other stuff listed! haha told ya i could go low, but i do have some jewish in me lol.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Hahahahaha, that I DO see!!! Tell ya what, make it $600 and I'll prep them for install and deliver them straight to your house.

Chaser-454

Reaction score
:jawdrop: wow serious? i will come over and look and if i buy just help me load and it is a deal! do you have the pulleys and all the front end parts?

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll include a full install kit with all gaskets, hardware, oil lines, pulleys, 3" belts, everything to convert and install onto standard or TD engine. I'll message you how to get to the shop and I'll have everything laid out ready to go for ya. If you need any help installing, I'll come give ya some tips and ****, it's a very simple process. I'll also show ya my secret weapon that's going in my 95 :evillol: