Question: Rear Seat AC vent conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoplite

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey folks,

Does anyone know if there’s any issues with converting an extended cab to use a rear seat blower ?

Today I picked up an AC box from a suburban and ended up taking the conduit that runs under the carpet to blow at the feat of the rear seat. I’m assuming it would be easy to convert the truck to use this with some cuts in the carpet but I’d be interested to hear if anyone else has done it.

Thanks!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
That'd be a good thing if you can make it work. I'm considering something like this, with the underseat ducts from a Burb, in my crew cab. It's ridiculous that there's only one duct that blows to the back seat(the one in the middle of the dashboard, that's blocked if you use the cupholder!).

Hoplite

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't realize it but I guess 97+ has this on Crew cabs and I think extended cabs. I found some old threads where this was discussed a little. Most people complained about how the floor vents didn't really put out any useable air for hot weather environments like us.

Probably not worth me taking the time to cut the carpet to match the holes or finding a 97+ carpet.