Quality Headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I recently got into a accident which damaged my TYC Elegante Headlights. I tried getting another pair but it looks like they have been discontinued. Is there any quality headlights out there with the cone shaped reflector in the low beam?

Thanks
-Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean exactly by "cone shaped reflector in the low beams," do you mean a glare shield for HIDs and such?

Reaction score
yes exactly, they cover the front of the bulb to reduce glare.
I'd like to match as close as i can to what I have now. They have been the best set I've had on the truck.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
Stay away from the clear ones from LMC. I made that mistake years back and regretted it right after installation. They sit forward probably 0.5" and they didn't have a deal worth a damn. Mine aren't even chrome backed anymore, they're just like a grey.

EDIT: besides the fact that they're way overpriced.

Sent from my bored/stroked iPhone 6S

Reaction score
Stay away from the clear ones from LMC. I made that mistake years back and regretted it right after installation. They sit forward probably 0.5" and they didn't have a deal worth a damn. Mine aren't even chrome backed anymore, they're just like a grey.

EDIT: besides the fact that they're way overpriced.

Sent from my bored/stroked iPhone 6S
Thanks for the advise. That is what I'm trying to avoid. I know there's tons of cheap parts for these trucks out there.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm very happy with the quality of my Anzo lights, however that doesn't help you much if you need glare shields. The only housings they make with glare shields are butt-ugly IMO.

Reaction score
Last edited:

SierraVortec

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i recently put a set of tyc elegantes in...and they dont fit the best lol wish they would line up nice or im probably gonna get rid of them

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
i recently put a set of tyc elegantes in...and they dont fit the best lol wish they would line up nice or im probably gonna get rid of them
You're gonna have to knock off the locator dowels from the backs of the brackets, slot the bolt holes a little bit, possibly even enlarge the holes in the core support where the adjuster screws go through. Reinstall the lights with the bolts just barely finger-tight, pop the grille on, then shove the lights around until they're square in the grille. Carefully remove the grill so you don't move the lights, and tighten 'em down.

The TYC Elegantes are about the nicest aftermarket lights I ever saw for GMT400's but they are not perfect. I had to do the above to both sets I owned. Then again I've seen OEM lights that sat droopy-eyed in the grille as well.

As far as why they're not made anymore, I'm sure they exited that particular product as demand dropped.

Richard

Reaction score
I don't need any headlights after all. The body shop called a few days ago and told me the frame is bent right behind the front drivers wheel. It's a real bummer I've had the truck for 11 years since I was 15.
You must be registered for see images

Thanks for your help guys, on to the next project.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk