Project Ted, a 1993 RCSB 496 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
Yeah that's different. I can't even remember what the sizing on the back was, like a 315 75 or something. Truck did not spin those tires ever, I imagine your sidekick had trouble too

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Yeah that's different. I can't even remember what the sizing on the back was, like a 315 75 or something. Truck did not spin those tires ever, I imagine your sidekick had trouble too
Yeah, I timed myself 0 to 60 before the engine swap, 19 seconds. Being an open diff, it would spin one if I dumped the clutch. Did have 5.12s too

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I spent hours slaving away on it today.... just kidding, popped a center cap on to remind myself of how badass this will look once done.
You must be registered for see images attach

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Oh and I finally got a piece of glass for my coffee table! I also ordered a battery powered multi-color changing LED light strip online, I plan on sticking them underneath so it will have a cool glow.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Had a few long days at work, but got a little done, cut up the rest of Turd's cab so I can scrap it. Also got the lights for my 305 Coffee table working!
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I'm not wanting to go super low in the front, originally I was planning on about a 4/6, but I think I'm gonna start with a 3/5 and see how everything fits. I went with 2" drop spindles, and I cut a half loop out of the stock springs and am going to see how it sits once the big block is in, i'm thinking it will be close to 3". I don't want to cut too much off since I got 275 60 15s for the front because I don't like the look of the tiny wheels and just want to make sure nothing rubs. The stock springs need to be compressed quite a bit from the looks of it, a few inches at least to be able to hook the ball joints up to the spindle.

I've run 275/60-15's on my '98 with a 4/6. Other than having to shave the LCA's & roll the fender lips, no problemo.