Project Ted, a 1993 RCSB 496 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I'm running 285x70x15's on my 1991 rcsb with a 6" drop. Their on 8" wide wheels with 4 3/4" bs. Rear wheel lips rolled. The tires are 30" tall, 9" tread and 13 5/8" sidewall to sidewall. They look great. Their BFG's
These rear rims are 10" wide with a 6" backspacing, and from what I read, I just have to roll the lip to get them to fit. I was originally going to do a 6" drop, but ended up getting 1" lift shackles to go with the flip kit, so I think it will be closer to 5. This is the first vehicle i will have lowered, and I want to make sure i'm happy with the height, figured i'd at least do the flip kit so changes from here on out whichever way I decide to go will be easy.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These rear rims are 10" wide with a 6" backspacing, and from what I read, I just have to roll the lip to get them to fit. I was originally going to do a 6" drop, but ended up getting 1" lift shackles to go with the flip kit, so I think it will be closer to 5. This is the first vehicle i will have lowered, and I want to make sure i'm happy with the height, figured i'd at least do the flip kit so changes from here on out whichever way I decide to go will be easy.
I've been following your progress you've made on your truck and I really like what you've done. The only drawback to the tires I'm using is the truck doesn't sit as low as I like. But I might be changing that

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
This is supposedly a picture of the same size tire and rim that I am going to run with a 6" drop. I like the look in the back, but I don't like how the front wheels look so much smaller. I got some 275 60s, but have read that they aren't ideal for a 4" drop, so i'm going to start with about 3" up front and see how it goes.
You must be registered for see images attach

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is supposedly a picture of the same size tire and rim that I am going to run with a 6" drop. I like the look in the back, but I don't like how the front wheels look so much smaller. I got some 275 60s, but have read that they aren't ideal for a 4" drop, so i'm going to start with about 3" up front and see how it goes.
I'm running 225x70x15's on the front. Personally I like the smaller tire on front. Kind of "old school" that I grew up with. The top of the tire is up in the wheelwell about 1". And I like the tires run on the 454SS trucks.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I'm running 225x70x15's on the front. Personally I like the smaller tire on front. Kind of "old school" that I grew up with. The top of the tire is up in the wheelwell about 1". And I like the tires run on the 454SS trucks.
When I bought this truck, it had a set of the chrome rims with 275 60 15s on the front, and 295 50 15s on the back. It looked goofy because the rears were wider, but shorter. I made a deal with the seller that he could keep those and he knocked a good chunk off the price.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
These were the pictures from the Craigslist ad showing what it had for wheels.

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
ill have to find an old pic of the setup on my 84 , that was goofy as **** 315 bfg sport truck tire on the rear and a 245 on the front