pitman arm/ idler arm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have all new front end parts, not installed yet, as much Mevotech TTX parts as available. The pitman and idler arm Acdelco Gold, but I kinda regret getting them. I’ve considered adding the Cognito, but damn it’s overpriced!
No need to regret them on one person's own experience. Try them and judge for yourself. That's what I will do. Every single part out there has someone with a negative experience. So, what can we do?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, since I have the time, I could:
A- use the AcDelco Idler bracket, Idler arm and Pitman arm.
B- sell above parts, purchase same parts but Proforged brand.
C- sell above parts, purchase Supersteer Idler arm bracket, Proforged Idler arm and Kryptonite Death Grip Pitman arm.
Of course, there’s more variations I could do, but I’m starting to really lean towards having the Supersteer bracket and Cognito as part of package whichever way I choose.
No need to regret them on one person's own experience. Try them and judge for yourself. That's what I will do. Every single part out there has someone with a negative experience. So, what can we do?

Last edited:

Thirsty

Reaction score
Cognito PISK- Cognito said their PISK wouldnt work for my truck, does anyone know why that would be.

I have the Henderson bell crank, kryptonite pitman arm in my parts pile. Trying to track down a Heavy duty idler arm, looking into PSC.

2000 k2500 ccsb

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cognito PISK- Cognito said their PISK wouldnt work for my truck, does anyone know why that would be.

I have the Henderson bell crank, kryptonite pitman arm in my parts pile. Trying to track down a Heavy duty idler arm, looking into PSC.

2000 k2500 ccsb
I ended up purchasing the Cognito and SuperSteer Idler Bracket, no issues with install on 96 K1500 5.7.