Oil pressure sending unit ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mr mike

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys I recently did the cluster swap for one with a tack in my 92 Chevy C 1500 suburban.
Does anyone know if the cluster uses the same oil sending unit to relay info.. I put a new one in and it barely comes off the orange the old one was bouncing around at Idol and during accelerating and driving this new one barely moves. Just asking before I get to the headache of hooking up a manual gaged to see what my actual pressure is. I am really just hoping it's a different sending unit
Let me know
Thanks guys

Amoyal Pierre

Reaction score
when i first start the car the oil gauge reads high, but after it warms up at idle the gauge needle drops well below the center line. but i get no engine rattle and the engine still runs good, when i excellerate the needle goes back up.

mr mike

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking of hooking up a mechanical after market oil gauge.
Can I use the port on the side of the oil filter to do that or where is the best place to tap into to hook one up.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can put a tee fitting where the sender is screwed in

mr mike

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sucks it's a pain in the ass to get to unless
I pull the distributor out. I was just hoping there was an easier place to tap into.