Oil filter study write up suggestions/ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
take your time. if you find a faster way then that's awesome, but i am sure that all of us will agree that it is better to wait for good results then to get a quick answer that is wrong or not completely accurate. i have read a few of your right ups and i am sure that however you do it, it will be thorough and and to the best of your abilities true. as everyone else, can't wait to see the final results.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
take your time. if you find a faster way then that's awesome, but i am sure that all of us will agree that it is better to wait for good results then to get a quick answer that is wrong or not completely accurate. i have read a few of your right ups and i am sure that however you do it, it will be thorough and and to the best of your abilities true. as everyone else, can't wait to see the final results.

Thanks, yeah, it'll be accurate for our purposes. I could get it more accurate and design some optoelectronic sensor stuff, but I don't have the money for that kind of stuff. I'll get the results for sure, I just didn't want folks wondering why its taking so long when I told it'd be earlier. I won't sacrifice quality for speed.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
how is the study going? im going to be changing the oil on my daily on thursday and wanted to know if you have found any results yet

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how is the study going? im going to be changing the oil on my daily on thursday and wanted to know if you have found any results yet

its comming along, but still going slowly. I'll try to get the results up soon, but with the holidays It'll probably not be until January sometime that its finished.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have plenty of patience. The holiday season isn't all about trucks lol.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have plenty of patience. The holiday season isn't all about trucks lol.

but some of it is :D heh. I'd guess around mid january that it'll be ready for posting.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be interested to see this and compare your findings to others I've read, primarily a study a poster named "onion" did on BITOG. Was pretty interesting stuff, primarily did single pass efficiency with a contaminant that was 5 - 10 microns, I think. Gave me something of a basis for my current oil filter selection.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok sounds good, take your time, dont want to rush you.

no worries bro.

SAATR said:
I've read, primarily a study a poster named "onion" did on BITOG. Was pretty interesting stuff, primarily did single pass efficiency with a contaminant that was 5 - 10 microns, I think.

I don't think I've seen that one, I've read an air filter study over there, but couldn't find any specific oil filter one, do you have a link to it by any chance?