Oil filter study write up suggestions/ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm rooting for the Fram Tough Guard as that is what I'm currently using in my truck.....BUT WE WILL SEE.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, I've got everything cut open and working on getting all the measurements and pre-testing pics and such, I'm waiting for a couple testing supplies I need to be shipped out to me since no one has them locally, so it looks like it'll be early next week after thanksgiving that the actual testing will happen, and I should have the results hopefully ready to post sometime soon after that.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this is just Awesome! and when you finally do have some raw data this should definitely be a Sticky

Thanks, yeah, I'm sure mike will probably sticky it when its done. but the results will be in their own thread to keep it all neat and tidy.

welcome to the forum too.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I think you already know the answer to this. You already know that Amy sits at a desk, chewing gum and filing her nails, and waiting for the phone to ring. You already know that Amy doesn't even know what a fuel filter is, and you already know that Amy is a young mother of 2-3 children and is not college educated.

******* Spam?!

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so I haven't heard anything from the company that is supposed to ship me a few things I need before I start testing the filters, I ordered it almost a week ago, so I'll call on monday and see whats up. if they haven't shipped it yet it'll probably delay me starting this all for a little bit. I'll let y'all know once I know. hopefully this won't delay it much.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like the supplies I need won't be shipped out until hopefully this friday, what a drag I wanted to get going on this. oh well, once they arrive it won't take too long to perform the remaining tests.

edit- correction, I may be able to do it sooner afterall.

Last edited:

ald94

Reaction score
WOW this is really going to be interesting to see the final results! It's got me thinking about what filters we use here in Iraq on out equipment. I'll have to go and check the filter types and see if they are on your testing list.