Offroad Shock Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have replaced every single shock bushing that came with my RCX hydro shocks...They wore pretty damn fast...less than a year...I replaced them with energy urethane and havent looked back. Not a bad ride by any means for the money.

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All pro-comp shocks are junk.

What makes you say that? Granted the Pro Comp ES3000 shocks that came with my lift did suck pretty bad but I haven't had any issues out of my MX-6's.... I have my fronts set to the 2nd to softest setting and my rears set at the softest and the ride is pretty good IMO. With that said, I would still go with Bilstein if I ever have the need to change these out in the future.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
What makes you say that? Granted the Pro Comp ES3000 shocks that came with my lift did suck pretty bad but I haven't had any issues out of my MX-6's.... I have my fronts set to the 2nd to softest setting and my rears set at the softest and the ride is pretty good IMO. With that said, I would still go with Bilstein if I ever have the need to change these out in the future.

I also like procomp shocks. Just because they arnt gas charged doesnt mean they are junk. you have to ride some rough roads to foam up the oil bad enough to notice anything. However, I run 5100's and love them. I keep them looking brand new with some steel wool and degreaser.

redchevy914x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All pro comp shocks are made by the same people that make rancho's and most the other white body shocks if they are gas charged or not. That company also makes Monroe's. it is tenneco. The reason I say all pro comps are junk is because they have standard valving across the board because multiple part numbers fit multiple applications. They aren't horrible but there are a lot better shocks out there. The es3000 is their hydraulic shock, the es9000 is basically the same shock but gas charged. Their new "pro runner" is made by rancho and is the same as the rs7000 and is only available for some applications. I wouldn't buy the mx6 because for the price you can get a lot better shock such as the Bilstein 5100 or even the yellow body Bilstein hd.

Last edited:

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All pro comp shocks are made by the same people that make rancho's and most the other white body shocks if they are gas charged or not. That company also makes Monroe's. it is tenneco. The reason I say all pro comps are junk is because they have standard valving across the board because multiple part numbers fit multiple applications. They aren't horrible but there are a lot better shocks out there. The es3000 is their hydraulic shock, the es9000 is basically the same shock but gas charged. Their new "pro runner" is made by rancho and is the same as the rs7000 and is only available for some applications. I wouldn't buy the mx6 because for the price you can get a lot better shock such as the Bilstein 5100 or even the yellow body Bilstein hd.

Yeah I see what you're saying now. I got the MX-6's when I did because 4wheelparts was having a sale at the time and I didn't know any better. But I agree with you about the Bilsteins... they're what I tend to recommend to inquiring folks nowadays and I would've gone with 5100's had I known any better when I "upgraded".

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Ive always ran pro- comps (well for the 3 sets I've bought since I've been driving)