Offroad Shock Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Damn, can only get the yellow bodied shocks for stock trucks? Ugly

I ran a set of mono tube Monroe's for about 5k miles before I lifted my truck and they rode wonderful. Still got em if your interested but price wasn't bad at all and their black BTW lol. Check out the KYB mono tubes as well, everyone seems to like them as well.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
You can run the 5100 but shops will say that's for a 3" lift. We are running them on the tahoe
Really eh, I've got helper bags in the rear anyhow and it sits a little higher. As long as the 5100s are good on the front. I'll go with them.

Ive always ran pro- comps (well for the 3 sets I've bought since I've been driving)

I'm still riding on factory rears. Fronts changed once - according to the info I got outta the old man the other night.
3 sets? Hopefully on 3 different vehicles, right?

I ran a set of mono tube Monroe's for about 5k miles before I lifted my truck and they rode wonderful. Still got em if your interested but price wasn't bad at all and their black BTW lol. Check out the KYB mono tubes as well, everyone seems to like them as well.

KYB, Monroe, Bilstein, will give 'em all a good look.
Ryan, shoot me a PM with a price for those Monroe's if ya like - if price is right and shipping ain't bad, let's make a deal.

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive always had Rancho shocks on my truck. Seems to ride pretty good on/off road. Cant really say anything bad about the few sets Ive had. Although I am thinking about trying the Bilstein shocks next.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
How often you guys replacing shocks? I've had usually 10-20 lbs of air in the bags for so long I didn't realize the rears were pooched until the air bag line blew out. Brought the other side down to 0 and truck was sittin cali damn near lol.
Like I said(i think i said this lol) I don't think these rear shocks have ever been replaced.

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
anyone run the Skyjacker M95 Monotubes, if so how do you like them and how do they ride?

Last edited:

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Have a look at KYB Mono-Max monotubes.I installed a set maybe two years ago and they're still working great.I had to get the longer ones due to my 6'' lift but I'm pretty sure they make them for OEM apps.They are firm without being harsh and work great off road.

92k1500chevy

Reaction score
Have a look at KYB Mono-Max monotubes.I installed a set maybe two years ago and they're still working great.I had to get the longer ones due to my 6'' lift but I'm pretty sure they make them for OEM apps.They are firm without being harsh and work great off road.

They are pretty stiff! Great control though, they suprised me with how stiff they are, but how well the rear handles. I bought the 1-3" lift ones because of being cranked and having 3" add a leafs. Was debating between them and the Bilstein's but honestly, I bought the Mono Max's because they are red. Stupid reason to buy shocks but I believed they were the two best options. Haven't gotten a chance to haul a whole load of wood, or anything too heavy yet but I'm sure this spring they'll get worn in/tested/abused etc.