Offroad GMT400 ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Yeah, I can see having one out west, but we don't have the open spaces like that over here on this side. Our trails are toyota sized at best.
I see your point,I've watched many videos where the trails are tight...Jeep tight lol.I'd sure like to try some though :waytogo:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

With that said id start with a square body for an offroad rig if i was you for many reasons

Jesse82nc

The Burb
Reaction score
Anyone that has a 2 door care to take a couple photos of the truck space and back seat area? I can't say I have seen one in person, so maybe I am wrong on the amount of space they have.

I have plenty of leftover parts from my other truck, which is the real hauler. I drive my ATV around in it and tow stuff like it is nothing, that supercharger adds a bit to the 350. This truck would really just be for dragging the dogs around places, beach driving, and maybe some trail riding if I ever get around to yet another hobby lol.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Imo you would have plenty of room for dogs in a 2 door ive had 2 k5s and theyhave plenty of room pretty much the same thing

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
g80 in anything is junk. avoid at all costs if you actually use your truck.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
2 door Yukon on 1 tons with a Mechanical 6.5 and a manual.

Or if you don't mind the extra length (it's still shorter than an extended cab short bed pick up) you can find a k2500 Burb and you at least wouldn't be starting out with a 4L60 and 10 bolt.

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Two door K5 Blazer/Tahoe. Shorter wheelbase, but still big comfy ride. I wouldn't mind throwing Dana 60s under one. To this day I think GM screwed the pooch by not offering solid axles on the 400 series. I've seen way too many IFS rigs break front axles or diffs. Brand didn't matter. I had a Dodge that loved puking them out. I broke three of them in 10 years I inward the truck. And I wasn't even hitting it. Basic trail riding. Just crappy design.

Last edited:

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
If you got 3 big dogs, sure 2 door should have the room for them, but your gonna wish you had 2 extra doors. 2500 suburban 454.......I gotta soft spot for burbans though.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Two door K5 Blazer/Tahoe. Shorter wheelbase, but still big comfy ride. I wouldn't mind throwing Dana 60s under one. To this day I think GM screwed the pooch by not offering solid axles on the 400 series. I've seen way too many IFS rigs break front axles or diffs. Brand didn't matter. I had a Dodge that loved puking them out. I broke three of them in 10 years I inward the truck. And I wasn't even hitting it. Basic trail riding. Just crappy design.

What dodge did u have that was ifs?

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
To my knowledge, they never made a 2 door 5 speed. That bein said, its the same to swap one in as a pickup. Had to be a newer dodge or a dakota/durango

Last edited: