OBS 99 GMC 2500 CCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As I research for info on other CCSB's out there, I have found that there isn't much as they are pretty rare rigs. I figured I would start a thread to get more info out on these trucks.

The factory CCSB GMT-400s are relatively uncommon, but definitely not rare. They were only sold for the '99 and '00 model years in 2500 and 3500 dually models.

EWheeler

Reaction score
The factory CCSB GMT-400s are relatively uncommon, but definitely not rare. They were only sold for the '99 and '00 model years in 2500 and 3500 dually models.

Uncommon : unusual, infrequent, rare. These trucks are rare.

Last weekend was a long weekend and I made the trip back home for some time in the shop. Nothing exciting, but I pulled the seats and console out and shampooed the carpet, as well as removed the center caps from my wheels and polished them up. I personally think removing the center caps changes the whole look of the truck and am leaning towards keeping these wheels as opposed to selling them and picking up some PYO's.

Just realized I left my camera at the office, I will get pics up soon.

The next step for this truck will be some exterior & engine work. I am going to get some tow mirrors, new headlights, marker lights, and corner lights, and pick up some new injectors and change out the fuel pressure regulator. It has the ever common 7.4L hot start issue and a pretty rough idle. All signs point to both a bad FPR and leaky injectors. I need to make the decision to go with the LS1 injectors which are direct replacements for the stockers and require no tuning, or go with the LS6 units that require tuning but keep the door open for additional engine mods in the future without maxing out injector duty cycle....

EWheeler

Reaction score
Time to catch up on some things. First, some interior pics. I pulled the seats out and shampooed the carpets. There are a few remaining stains that I can't get out, but there was a bunch of junk that did come out. I am pretty happy with the results and feel it was worth the effort.

Attachments

• P1020154.jpg
    P1020154.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 15
  • P1020155.jpg
    P1020155.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 13
  • P1020160.jpg
    P1020160.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 12
  • P1020192.jpg
    P1020192.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 11
  • P1020193.jpg
    P1020193.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 13

EWheeler

Reaction score
Next came tow mirrors. I bought the GMT400 specific tow mirrors off of Ebay. I paid around $185 with free shipping. These are the power mirrors only, no heat, no marker/turn signal lights. The install was easy and is detailed in a couple threads here on the forum. The increased visibility out of these mirrors is awesome. I 100% recommend upgrading even if you don't plan on towing, you can just see so much more of what is going on behind you/next to you on the freeway. Some shots of the mirrors and before/after install.

You must be registered for see images attach

EWheeler

Reaction score
I spent a day and polished up my wheels using some Mothers and a wool buffing pad on a drill. You can really see the difference in the side by side shot. The before and after truck picks don't show the shine as well. Also left off the center caps, I think it looks much better. I need to paint my front hubs though....

Wool pad similar to this: http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-Cut-Shine-Wool-Buffing/dp/B0002NYE3O

Using one of these to adapt to a hand drill: http://www.amazon.com/Velcro-Backin...catcorr&keywords=velcro+backing+pad+for+drill

EWheeler

Reaction score
The truck had the normal cloudy headlight & turn signal lenses. I took inspiration from Blue95's build (http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?6086-Blue-95-s-Build-Thread) and went with the Anzo smoked headlights and turn signals. The headlights are part #111061 and the turn signals are part #511034. I re-used the stock headlight mounting brackets and they headlights fit great. I went ahead and purchased a headlight harness with the 4-hi mod from Mean Green (http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?5004-88-98-Heavy-Duty-Headlight-Harness-Kit-(NEW)) and installed along with the new headlights. What a night & day difference. Light output has to be more than double what it was before and I no longer feel like I am driving faster than my lights! I grabbed a set of clear lens black background corners off of ebay to go in along with the headlights and turn signals. I am not a huge fan and will probably end up smoking the stock corners and re-installing.

I can't say enough about Mean Green's harness. Quality product and his price is more than fair. Installation took about 2 hrs with removing & reinstalling the grille. I highly recommend it.

EWheeler

Reaction score
Dreaming and playing around in photoshop is cheaper than the real deal! Last weekend both my brother and I were back home visiting the parents and I took the opportunity to get some shots of our trucks so I can play around and see what my truck will look like lifted. I like.

Right now I work in the big city and don't have access to my shop but for two weekends a month. Once this job is complete and I am closer to home I see myself purchasing and installing a 6" lift and throwing some 35's on it.

My brothers truck, my truck, and the photoshopped result. This was my first try and I could have done a much better job, but I don't care that much to do another one at this time. I have a few different angles that I am going play with as well to get the full vision.

I have ordered the hydraulic rear cab mount from the NNBS trucks and should get those installed this upcoming weekend. They are supposed to really smooth out the ride on the freeway for these crew cab trucks. I also got my hands on some Kodiak/C3500hd door handles and accessories and will be installing those when I find some time. I will probably get some new component speakers for the front doors so I can install while I have the door panels apart and get two birds with one stone.