New K2500 owner from Sweden!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smrr1

wait for it...
Reaction score
Another welcome from texas! Those trucks have a wider stance on the front but the aftermarket wheels are making it worse.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
welcome from Iowa sweet truck love all the lights

Uffeeh

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

And yes besides a broken bulb, the lights all work. And 50w hid in the high beams. So it's nice to drive around in the dark :)

Uffeeh

Reaction score
I read somewhere that the cruise control grounds through the third brakelight, and that people that changed that to LED had trouble.
Well, my cruise is completely dead and all the brakelights work.
Can the LED brakelight be to blame?

mattillac

Lurker
Reaction score
I read somewhere that the cruise control grounds through the third brakelight, and that people that changed that to LED had trouble.
Well, my cruise is completely dead and all the brakelights work.
Can the LED brakelight be to blame?

I wouldn't think so, after looking at a diagram it seems like the PCM controls the cruise for the most part and it gets +12v inputs from the stop lamp circuit/switch etc.

But I am no expert on LEDs.

It does seem like there should be(at least)3 fuses which need to be in place for the cruise to work.

Fuses appear to be: Brake 10A(hot in run), Stop/Haz 20A(hot all the time), Cruise 10A(hot in run).

Looks as if the "Brake" fuse supplies power to the PCM(stop lamp/clutch switch input), that power would be cut from the PCM whenever the brake pedal or clutch pedal are activated. Maybe brown wire into the stop lamp switch/purple coming out. Purple wire into the clutch switch/brown&white coming out. If power isn't passing through those switches as it should when the pedals are at rest then the cruise wouldn't work.

The "Stop/Haz" fuse seems to supply power to the PCM(stop lamp switch input)when the brake pedal is pressed, besides powering the brake lights etc. Maybe orange wire into the stop lamp switch/white coming out. Shouldn't be the issue though, your brake lights work.

The "Cruise" fuse looks like it powers the cruise control switch, when the switch is activated, power is sent from the switch to the PCM(ON input),momentary power is also sent from the switch to the PCM on separate wires for the resume/accel and set/coast functions

Maybe the previous owner removed the "Brake" fuse to disable the ABS? Hopefully its something that simple.

I would check the fuse(s)if you haven't already and then maybe test the brake light switch and the clutch pedal switch(if equipped).

Just a few ideas for ya.

Best of luck and welcome to the site.

Good looking truck too!

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Welcome from Chicago!

Very nice looking truck! How difficult is it to get parts for your truck in Sweden, I can't imagine there are too many GMT400s driving around in Europe?

Uffeeh

Reaction score
I wouldn't think so, after looking at a diagram it seems like the PCM controls the cruise for the most part and it gets +12v inputs from the stop lamp circuit/switch etc.

But I am no expert on LEDs.

It does seem like there should be(at least)3 fuses which need to be in place for the cruise to work.

Fuses appear to be: Brake 10A(hot in run), Stop/Haz 20A(hot all the time), Cruise 10A(hot in run).

Looks as if the "Brake" fuse supplies power to the PCM(stop lamp/clutch switch input), that power would be cut from the PCM whenever the brake pedal or clutch pedal are activated. Maybe brown wire into the stop lamp switch/purple coming out. Purple wire into the clutch switch/brown&white coming out. If power isn't passing through those switches as it should when the pedals are at rest then the cruise wouldn't work.

The "Stop/Haz" fuse seems to supply power to the PCM(stop lamp switch input)when the brake pedal is pressed, besides powering the brake lights etc. Maybe orange wire into the stop lamp switch/white coming out. Shouldn't be the issue though, your brake lights work.

The "Cruise" fuse looks like it powers the cruise control switch, when the switch is activated, power is sent from the switch to the PCM(ON input),momentary power is also sent from the switch to the PCM on separate wires for the resume/accel and set/coast functions

Maybe the previous owner removed the "Brake" fuse to disable the ABS? Hopefully its something that simple.

I would check the fuse(s)if you haven't already and then maybe test the brake light switch and the clutch pedal switch(if equipped).

Just a few ideas for ya.

Best of luck and welcome to the site.

Good looking truck too!

Thank you very much for your answer!

I will take your tips and spend some time in the garage and see if i cant figure it out! :)

Uffeeh

Reaction score
Welcome from Chicago!

Very nice looking truck! How difficult is it to get parts for your truck in Sweden, I can't imagine there are too many GMT400s driving around in Europe?

Thank you!

Actually in sweden the gmt400's are the most common of the american trucks. But you are right, they are not in overflow :)

There are firms in town that imports parts.

As a comparison.
Outer tie rod end in sweden would cost the equivalent of 32$, a part that is listed as 9$ on rockpartsauto.com
So it's not difficult, just expensive :)

But it works fine ordering from eg. rockparts too :)