new here and want to show my ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
nice truck and 'hoe... but i just dont think i could trust those rims with any bit of power... but if they work they look great!

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
First off, the truck and Tahoe looks really awesome! I agree with some of the concern with the wheels, I wonder how they'd hold up, and I wonder if it would be safer if you'd cut a piece of metal to cover the lug holes and redrill it for 5 lug through the metal "ring" and rim, kinda like what the 80s model duallys had?

frito-bandito

Reaction score
Ok, I did some quick research and here's what I found.

IMO, If I was to mount 6 lug rims to my C1500, I'd replace the front brake rotor with 2500LD (Light Duty 6 lug) rotors, they are a direct fit to C1500 spindles and brakes and so on, but that's the easy part. The harder part is the rearend, you can swap out your 5 lug axle shafts for 6 lug 4X4 axle shafts without changing the housing/ gearing.

Now of course, you could just swap out the whole rearend, but if you don't want to change the gearing of your truck or add an extra spring, I would just swap shafts.

1996*GMC*SHORTBED

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, I did some quick research and here's what I found.

IMO, If I was to mount 6 lug rims to my C1500, I'd replace the front brake rotor with 2500LD (Light Duty 6 lug) rotors, they are a direct fit to C1500 spindles and brakes and so on, but that's the easy part. The harder part is the rearend, you can swap out your 5 lug axle shafts for 6 lug 4X4 axle shafts without changing the housing/ gearing.

Now of course, you could just swap out the whole rearend, but if you don't want to change the gearing of your truck or add an extra spring, I would just swap shafts.
And how would you address the rear 6-lug drum, or disc brake situation? Hoping Jauica's 90 comes back on here, and helps answers our wheel questions. Personally, I'm thinking of going this wheel route, as they look great on our OBS trucks.

frito-bandito

Reaction score
As I said, I researched it, I have not did this as of yet, if 4X4 rear brakes are different, that obviously is a problem, if not you can just use the 6 lug drums. I'll check parts #s and see if they're different. But I'm in agreement that the wheels look bad ass on an OBS truck for sure!

Turns out I was wrong... and I'm man enough to admit it.... what sucks is now I need a new plan for a 6 lug conversion.

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?517-5-lug-to-6-lug-14-bolt-with-GMT900-20-s

Last edited:

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very nice trucks. Post pics of the bag setup and more of the hoe. Stick around!