New here. Header and exahust 97 5.7 c1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ngaobs48

Reaction score
Alright guys. New here and have scrolled and scrolled trying to find the answer. I have. 97 gmc c1500 4/6 drop. Had pcm tuned for egr and rear 02 sensor delete by black bear. Been trying to find a good set of headers. No luck on the tri yes. So problay going long tubes. Any one with similar set up have some info on what headers work good. Also recommend mufflers and exahust set up. Want it to have a deep sound with no clapping and popping but be heard.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright guys. New here and have scrolled and scrolled trying to find the answer. I have. 97 gmc c1500 4/6 drop. Had pcm tuned for egr and rear 02 sensor delete by black bear. Been trying to find a good set of headers. No luck on the tri yes. So problay going long tubes. Any one with similar set up have some info on what headers work good. Also recommend mufflers and exahust set up. Want it to have a deep sound with no clapping and popping but be heard.
Do not know if they are still made, but I put Hooker long tubes on both the 99 Tahoe when it had a 305 in it and my brothers 99 Suburban.

LTrUS

Reaction score
Why are most long tube headers discontinued for the GMT400 platform? People post, get long tubes shorties are not worth it. Where are all the long tube options to buy?

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
It is called the EPA and current administration going after businesses.
sadly this is true and without going into detail and getting political that is some thing (I can not stand it is every where these days it seems I can not get away from it other then when I am here sad it was not all ways like this) unless things change it will get worse good luck on finding some good long tubes that are priced good they are out there