New 1996 CCLB 3500 454. Help set my expectations on power or is there a problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95z71performer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you seafoamed it yet? that stuff works wonders, and it's like $12 at any auto parts store. Worth it to try it out if you havn't yet. I would have a set of new plugs on hand to replace right after though. ACDelco Part number : ( 1 )

$12 for seafoam I get it for $6-8 per can but it does work wonders

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The puddle of fuel would have me triple-checking everything before I did ANYTHING else. Nevermind the potential running issues I'd expect with a fuel leak, I'd be more concerned about burning the truck down.

Richard

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I was concerned too. Last night I took a good look just to find that the puddle of "fuel" left a mark in my driveway. I hate to say it but I think what happened here is that when I took the rail off and the fuel ran out it washed some oil off the back of the block and that is what left the mark. When I pressure test it tonight I would see lower psi if I had a leaky injector or fpr right?

- Bryce -

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
SON OF A !!!!!!!! Well I tested the fuel pressure and it seems to have not changed at all with all of the new parts even though I do feel a change in power.

This video shows ignition on pressure, starting pressure, and running pressure. Its still very low like upper 40's.
http://youtu.be/b6yWxZcFh3I

Picture of the pressure after I shut the truck off
You must be registered for see images attach

Picture of the pressure 3 mins later

Picture of the pressure about 13 minutes after I shut it off

Im in need of some serious help. I dont know where to even start at this point. Any ideas?

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After about 2 hours I took the gauge off and it was down to 20psi

- Bryce -

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
If you're still at 20 PSI after 2 hours, you're doing good. Mine gets down to 0 in about 45 mins. You are at the correct pressure for the FPR you installed, it keeps it from running too rich with the larger injectors

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is the running psi too low though or is that OK now that there is a higher flow rate? Any ideas on the hard starts now and rougher idle?

- Bryce -

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, the first time I started it it cranked for about 5 seconds but all the fuel was drained so I'm thinking that was normal.

About 50 miles probably and several starts and stops after is when I had the first hard start and the idle went from good to kind of rough but seems to not be getting worse. When the motor is cold it starts quick or if I prime the pump a few times it seems to help when it is hot.

- Bryce -