NBS brake swap on 2WD GMT400 almost complete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blazer_maniac

Reaction score
Yes using a 2500LD control arm. The ones I had planned on using were just a hair to short. I'll be swapping out the rear end tomorrow to a 99 model

Blazer_maniac

Reaction score
Ok, got the 6 lug 99 gmt800 rearend yesterday, i've got to get it cleaned and prepped for install. Waiting on some upper CA bolts to get proper camber settings. Once everything is finalized and double checked, I'll post some pics and parts list.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My take on this (and Charlie and I have talked about this more than a few times), is that not only is parts availability a bonus, but the fact that, with stock parts, you can get considerably better brake options. The stock GMT800 calipers are two piston, the rotors go up to 12+ inches, and with aftermarket rotors, you can bolt up the 6-piston Vette calipers on there and leave face prints on your windshield-with the seatbelt on. That and the possibility of keeping the 5X5 lug pattern makes this whole idea a winner.

Chris Rogers

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My take on this (and Charlie and I have talked about this more than a few times), is that not only is parts availability a bonus, but the fact that, with stock parts, you can get considerably better brake options. The stock GMT800 calipers are two piston, the rotors go up to 12+ inches, and with aftermarket rotors, you can bolt up the 6-piston Vette calipers on there and leave face prints on your windshield-with the seatbelt on. That and the possibility of keeping the 5X5 lug pattern makes this whole idea a winner.

didnt think about vette gear. good point. I went straight to willwood forgetting that vette may fit. the stupid sized brakes is why I am doing mine though.