NBS brake swap on 2WD GMT400 almost complete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it were me, I'd just make my own-then there's no stamp at all. The reason they are stamped that way is because of all the ambulance chasers. If, for any reason the brakes fail, they can't be sued.

Blazer_maniac

Reaction score
It's more of a requirement here. Engineer sign off on all mods or the truck can't be road registered.
Sorry for the delay in getting info posted. I ran into an issue that I am trying to resolve, I had everything back together, however I hadn't installed the spring, so I installed it over the weekend and have severe negative camber issues. I've worked up a fix, it involves some welding and moving upper CA mounts. I'll post some pics up this evening

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's more of a requirement here. Engineer sign off on all mods or the truck can't be road registered.

Im aware of your engineers. But thats why I said make it yourself. If you look at it, it isnt that involved. And if you made it yourself, it wouldnt have 'For offroad use only" on it. Surely you guys can fabricate some things. The only reason the ones in that thread have that on them, is so if something else breaks, it wont come back on the guy that made it. Theres no fear that the bracket will break, but lawyers will use any excuse to steal someones money. So, its a monetary safety issue here in the states, not a fear of the part failing.

Blazer_maniac

Reaction score
After getting my spring installed I realized I had a severe camber issue. So not wanting to throw in the towel, I proceeded, I began to take measurements and come to an alternative solution, I cut off the upper CA mounts, moved them forward a half inch and dropped them down a half inch.

You must be registered for see images attach

Blazer_maniac

Reaction score
I posted these in the incorrect order, I forgot half were on my wifes phone, oh well

Blazer_maniac

Reaction score
The camber issue is more about the relocation of the lower ball joint, the relative location of the upper joint is pretty much the same as the original as far as the knuckle is concerned, however because the lower joint was inverted the articulation of the joint is below the arm and because of this, when the spring was added the side effect was greater negative camber. Because I'm wanting to use off the shelf parts, I had to move the upper mounts. The only other way I could see would be to have some longer upper arms fabbed