Nate's 97 2D 'hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Small update, building a ported box for my sub. Haven't done much else other than install my compass mirror.

You must be registered for see images attach

Going to start with the box Thunder designed for me.

Front, back, and sides

top and bottom

bottom, front, back, sides stuck together

Port done

Going to let this cure tonight, get some sealer and do the seams tomorrow. Might cut the port and sub holes out, but I may wait until I get the top on. What do you guys think is easiest?

Won't be able to work on it again until Sunday, but I hope to have the extra face piece made, and sub installed by the end of that day.

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sub hole cut

Port cut

test fit

Cut the 2nd face plate on, sub and port cut on that, glued it down. Going to let it sit and cure overnight and route the edges rounded, sand it and hit it with black rattle can paint just to have a seal on it till I get the vanity cover made. Hopefully mount the sub, and hook it all up. I'm pumped to hear it!

radical7

admitted truck *****
Reaction score
did u glue everywhere u got a screw if not itll rattle and leak air. thats my suggestions box looks good

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
did u glue everywhere u got a screw if not itll rattle and leak air. thats my suggestions box looks good

Yea, it is glued on every seam, every angle. The port is 12 1/2" tall, 3" wide, and 20" long, as far as looks it is a slot port. L shape. Internally braced with 1" dowel rods. Double layered front. I also sealed every edge inside before I put the last piece on.

radical7

admitted truck *****
Reaction score
ok cool just though u sealed and not glued

cant wait to see a vid and now i gota go to youtube to look at some sub vids

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Well done sir. If I may suggest, using Kilz primer or a sanding/sealer will give better results for moisture protection.

Last edited:

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well done sir. If I may suggest, using Kilz primer or a sanding/sealer will give better results for moisture protection.

To late, but it's not going to see elements anyway. Great suggestion